4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, my coworker is Teflon coated.
    I thought he'd be gone awhile.
    But he was back today.

So, good news, only a 48 hour week next week

And my hours aren't TOO bad.
    I just calculated my average. 2019, my average is down to 52 hours.
    This year, I've had 4 weeks that were 40 hours.
    :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What about the weeks off BC u were :poop:ing blood?

You have to factor all of that in. Your OT may not be that bad after all.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone else get an invite to the commissioning of the USS Indianapolis tomorrow? I know a couple folks going.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

On a different note ... anyone want a dog? It's about eight weeks into this adoption and we are almost certain this dog will not work out for us. The dog is not a good fit for our home. We now have to figure out a resolution that will be in the best interests for us and the dog. Anyone here ever re-home a dog or have any suggestions?
    Did you sign a contract saying that you would return the dog if you didn't keep it? Regardless, what kind of dog?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

On a different note ... anyone want a dog? It's about eight weeks into this adoption and we are almost certain this dog will not work out for us. The dog is not a good fit for our home. We now have to figure out a resolution that will be in the best interests for us and the dog. Anyone here ever re-home a dog or have any suggestions?
    I have the USS Indianapolis commissioning, trip down to my folks, class reunion, then hauling back on Sunday. Can't make it for at JP, but I zeroed a while ago.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait... wait... did you, ds snob, not say you were not getting another dog yet you got one anyway? :faint:

Dogs are fun but too much work and jedi just does not have the time for one right now due to life.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes. There was a signed contract. We're willing to work within the contract to find her a new home.

At the time we got her, we thought she was a lab / border collie mix. We found out since we got her home that her mother was a purebred (with papers) German Shepherd. The owner did not have her spayed since "there were no other dogs around." Well, apparently there was at least one other dog around. He says that from what he could tell, the dad is a lab mix. Our dog spent her fist six months (after weaning) in shelters before being brought up to this area where we picked her up.

The "problem" with the dog is that she has every bit of her German Shepherd lineage in her. No other way to put it but she's an a-hole that demands one hundred percent attention every waking moment. Our trainer says that she certainly has some border collie in her because she seems ADD. I find it surprising because she passed her beginner puppy class with flying colors. I think she is too intelligent and that is why she turns into a butt ... if she isn't being entertained, trained, or working on a problem ... she starts acting out. She has completely taken over our lives. My wife is about to lose her mind. This isn't our first rodeo with a dog. We have had two previous dogs and this one is by far the most demanding dog we have ever owned ... BY FAR.

We committed to being patient so we haven't abused her in any way shape or form. We have followed the positive reinforcement model of training but we're going to go broke with the amount of treats needed to illicit a few minutes of positive behavior. There's also the fact that after two months, we have yet to feel any bonding is taking place ... from us or her. We like her but we don't feel any love for her. She just looks at us with a robot-like expression that says, "Hey. What's next?" She respects me the most. She treats my wife like her slave and chew toy. She treats my daughter like her other chew toy. She bites my wife's butt (more of a hard nip) whenever she isn't getting enough attention. There's also the breed size. We weren't expecting a shepherd in the mix so she's already getting bigger than we expected. She's up to 46 lbs at eight months old.

If she goes back to a kennel or shelter, I think she might be condemned to live out the rest of her life at one. I think she needs to be a working dog of some sort and she's not going to get that with us.

That's ok. I was just throwing this out there in case anyone wanted to join in.

Abuse never crossed my mind. I have seen a lot of situations where training was lacking. from what you say that is not the problem.

I get that the dog is too intelligent ans a working dog. They are hard to keep busy.

I did work at a home with Australian Shepards and they would not let me work after I tried to get rid of them by throwing their stick.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I thought lacking holes was a good thing for ships.

giphy.gif

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    People watching at its finest. Tad chilly by the water for shorts and a tshirt. Some folks have to learn the hard way I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom