• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Thursday morning and day two of the 2019-2020 school year. Saw all the somewhat happy children waiting for the school bus to take them for their first day of of school with many to follow.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Come home this morning to people in my back yard, and my fence disassembled in spots.

Would maybe be nice for the town to tell me they were going to be accessing the "easement".
    If I had a dog, and just let him out, there'd have been no fence.
    I just had a note stuck in the door that there would be drainage work, please slow down near workman.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Easements are a *****.

They are hard to eliminate too

I used to own a piece of property in downtown East Chicago, it was a large building that occupied almost the entire block. Running right through the middle of the building was an easement for a horse drawn barge canal that dated back to the mid-1800's. This property was a block away from Indianapolis Blvd on Chicago Ave. Literally in the heart of downtown. Zero chance that a barge canal would be built in the late 1990's when I owned it, but it had to be disclosed that the easement existed when the property was sold.

Looked into getting the easement removed since there are no horse-powered freight canal barges operating in Indiana but it was more expensive to get it eliminated than it was worth.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got a "sunburn".
    While trying to knock slag off a temperature sensor, I leaned on the pole that had just been in the steel.
    Unfortunately, my fire retardant jacket, and my cotton coveralls sleeves pulled back and my bare skin kissed the hot pole.

OUCH!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom