Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "They"? "Doubling your health care costs across the board"? Are you and I thinking of the same "they"?

I'm thinking of the offer on the table that wants my visit copay, medicine copay, cost per procedure, cost per year.. to double.
    It would be the same people last contract that said there was NO WAY to save money. Then when the union showed a viable option that wouldn't increase the cost, said they weren't interested. In other words, they didn't care about a plan to save money.

And yes, I realize the implication would be it's the health industry.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I'm thinking of the offer on the table that wants my visit copay, medicine copay, cost per procedure, cost per year.. to double.
    It would be the same people last contract that said there was NO WAY to save money. Then when the union showed a viable option that wouldn't increase the cost, said they weren't interested. In other words, they didn't care about a plan to save money.

And yes, I realize the implication would be it's the health industry.

I really do think you're missing the big picture. "They" meaning the corporation didn't increase any healthcare costs. Your out of pocket is peanuts compared to what the company has been shelling out for Cadillac plans since the great halthcare cost increase from the great cost decreasing plan knows as ACA. The "they" you should be complaining about should be either people that voted for "free" healthcare or liar politicians that said you could keep your doctor/plan and you'd save thousands a year - or both. I didn't keep my plan or my doctor. I now get far less coverage, doubled my out of pocket and pay %70 more....for less coverage!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I really do think you're missing the big picture. "They" meaning the corporation didn't increase any healthcare costs. Your out of pocket is peanuts compared to what the company has been shelling out for Cadillac plans since the great halthcare cost increase from the great cost decreasing plan knows as ACA. The "they" you should be complaining about should be either people that voted for "free" healthcare or liar politicians that said you could keep your doctor/plan and you'd save thousands a year - or both. I didn't keep my plan or my doctor. I now get far less coverage, doubled my out of pocket and pay %70 more....for less coverage!

Yup, "they" promised cost reductions.

But "we" got an increase from about $480/month to almost $2000 per month the first year the ACA kicked in. And its gone up since. A plan for a family now, without government aid (meaning stealing from your neighbor and giving the $ to you) runs about $3000/month if you factor in deductibles, etc. And some plans have $7000 to $10,000 deductibles that come out of pocket before the plans pay anything. This is the plight of the middle and upper middle class worker who does not get "company" health insurance or qualify for tax theft of a neighbor's income. A family of 4 making a $100,000 a year, but not getting company insurance, can't afford to get sick because of the ACA.

Union workers get a sweet deal, have no clue how much insurance actually costs their companies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I lost my job because of ACA and at 50 couldn't get hired at another that offered insurance.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, that's what we get for passing something to know what's in it. I didn't need any particulars other than that statement to know they should have rejected it on principle. Granted knew it wouldn't happen.

I mean who would accept a job with that contract? In order to work for us you need to agree before we tell you the hours, pay, conditions. Everyone would run screaming from that.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Well, surgery went....as well as could be expected. The damage was more extensive than originally thought. Not only was my knee cap completely broke, I also tore my acl as well as the tendon for my patella. They repaired all the damage, but now healing time is a minimum of 6 weeks, then PT for another 6 weeks, at that time we will discuss knee replacement surgery.

after surgery I was in extreme pain and could NOT get it down, so they kept me. I’m hoping they let me go home tomrrow though. I’ll post more when I’m able to. Right now I’m trying to relax and get the pain under control. I’m down to about a 6-7 on the pain scale, which is better than the 14 or 15 it was right after surgery in recovery.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, surgery went....as well as could be expected. The damage was more extensive than originally thought. Not only was my knee cap completely broke, I also tore my acl as well as the tendon for my patella. They repaired all the damage, but now healing time is a minimum of 6 weeks, then PT for another 6 weeks, at that time we will discuss knee replacement surgery.

after surgery I was in extreme pain and could NOT get it down, so they kept me. I’m hoping they let me go home tomrrow though. I’ll post more when I’m able to. Right now I’m trying to relax and get the pain under control. I’m down to about a 6-7 on the pain scale, which is better than the 14 or 15 it was right after surgery in recovery.

Well, if you're going to break/injure something, don't do it half assed.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Ouch. If only you had a bullet to bite down on for the pain. Hope you are getting some good pain meds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom