• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    With respect to the recent talk of private sales....I don't WANT to sell firearms to felons or gang members and have right to refuse sale for any reason. And I see lots of folks ask for LTCH for sales and others process sale through FFL. But both the actions of LTCH and FFL seem fine with me, but do they offer any real protection from the boogie man? If somone does sell a firearm to a resident never convicted of s felony and the chap turns out to be a nutjob, what realistically could happen to the seller? Civil suit?

Sure. It’s possible. Civil Suit that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    With respect to the recent talk of private sales....I don't WANT to sell firearms to felons or gang members and have right to refuse sale for any reason. And I see lots of folks ask for LTCH for sales and others process sale through FFL. But both the actions of LTCH and FFL seem fine with me, but do they offer any real protection from the boogie man? If somone does sell a firearm to a resident never convicted of s felony and the chap turns out to be a nutjob, what realistically could happen to the seller? Civil suit?

anyone can sue anyone for any reason in the usa. ie civil suit.
    will it hold up in court in the issue. even before that is the issue of money.

99% of us on ingo are not rich. lets say i sell a 1911 to hawkeye and we do the ffl route and then a month later he uses that 1911 to kill 8 people at kfc. (sorry hawkeye your name was just the first one u saw).

sure the families can sue me for selling him 1911.
    they can sue kfc for not protecting them at the place.

which of those 2 has bigger pockets for a higher payout.
    chances are the atty is n9t going agter you in a civil suit not enoyh money and you did the right thing criminal wise. going to be hard to prove you are at fault for what hawkeye did post sale.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    For those who are wondering how many days till Halloween. It's only 67 days till the little and big monsters will come to your house looking for FREE candy.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Still dizzy, unable to drive, unable to work.
    Still trying to get hold of my Internal Medicine Doc.

Since that seems to be taking awhile, I made an appointment to see my doc. He was going to be the last one I saw.
    But then I saw on my Sickness & Accident paperwork that it has to be completed within 21 days of when I stopped going to work.

The USW contract is up end of this month.
    If I'm on S&A, they still have to pay.
    If I'm not, I may be on strike.

That’s what happened to me. I was on S&A when the last contract was up

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

They pretty much have to prove you knowingly sold to an "improper" person.

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T
    hum... well your location is an odd one.
    are you in nwi or the rest of the wanna be state?

Its in Saint Joseph County in between South Bend and Elkhart. North central Indiana I suppose. That’s just rich, “the rest of the wanna be state?” It’s pretty pro freedom with the exception of South Bend. But all cities seem to be soul crushing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Osceola

Town in Indiana

[/COLOR]
    Osceola is a town in Penn Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 2,463 at the 2010 Census. It is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area. Wikipedia

Weather: 74°F (23°C), Wind S at 8 mph (13 km/h), 91% Humidity

Zip code: 46561

Township: Penn

Local time: Saturday 7:05 PM

Population: 2,479 (2016)

I didn't realize there was an ATFE sub station there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its in Saint Joseph County in between South Bend and Elkhart. North central Indiana I suppose. That’s just rich, “the rest of the wanna be state?” It’s pretty pro freedom with the exception of South Bend. But all cities seem to be soul crushing.

here are the rules. ;)
    you are a thug if you live in lake county north of us-30.
    you are a redbeck if you live in lake counry south of us-30
    lake county is the only true hooiser county, the rest dont vote early, often or have their dead relatives vote.

also we accept you into nwi but you live fffffaaaarrr since you are past i65. welcome to the merry bunch.

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Osceola

Town in Indiana

[/COLOR]
    Osceola is a town in Penn Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 2,463 at the 2010 Census. It is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area. Wikipedia

Weather: 74°F (23°C), Wind S at 8 mph (13 km/h), 91% Humidity

Zip code: 46561

Township: Penn

Local time: Saturday 7:05 PM

Population: 2,479 (2016)

I didn't realize there was an ATFE sub station there.

Your last sentence is a bit ironic coming from a “blue falcon”. Besides, the commute to Chicago isn’t too bad from this area via train :nuts::horse:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    here are the rules. ;)
    you are a thug if you live in lake county north of us-30.
    you are a redbeck if you live in lake counry south of us-30
    lake county is the only true hooiser county, the rest dont vote early, often or have their dead relatives vote.

also we accept you into nwi but you live fffffaaaarrr since you are past i65. welcome to the merry bunch.

I vote early. Just once though. And no dead relatives in Hoosierdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom