• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You can sell to anyone who is a citizen of Indiana that is a proper person and is over 18 years old.

You can check a drivers license for citizenship and some people that do not know you will check an LTCH to make sure they are a proper person. An LTCH is not necessary. You just need to believe the person is not a felon, mentally dangerous or domestically violent.

I would say resident as opposed to citizen. But I get your meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T
    Thanks guys, that’s what I thought but I like to make sure. I googled it but the link to was not working. I moved to this state 4 years ago from NY so I’m always a bit nervous about the firearm laws.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    personal note on the topic.
    for me if its someone i know, ie my friends or family, i do the above. everyone else i go via an FFL and i'll pay for the transfer fee but that way I know my hands are washed of any legal matters should the buyer end up in trouble later down the line.

CCCCCCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2018
    T
    personal note on the topic.
    for me if its someone i know, ie my friends or family, i do the above. everyone else i go via an FFL and i'll pay for the transfer fee but that way I know my hands are washed of any legal matters should the buyer end up in trouble later down the line.

Your point is duly noted. Like I said, I try to be very cautious/responsible when it comes to firearm laws. The last thing I want to do is jeopardize myself, the firearm community or the general public by selling to some psychotic asshat.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How ya feeling? Hopefully better!!!

Still dizzy, unable to drive, unable to work.
    Still trying to get hold of my Internal Medicine Doc.

Since that seems to be taking awhile, I made an appointment to see my doc. He was going to be the last one I saw.
    But then I saw on my Sickness & Accident paperwork that it has to be completed within 21 days of when I stopped going to work.

The USW contract is up end of this month.
    If I'm on S&A, they still have to pay.
    If I'm not, I may be on strike.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Still dizzy, unable to drive, unable to work.
    Still trying to get hold of my Internal Medicine Doc.

Since that seems to be taking awhile, I made an appointment to see my doc. He was going to be the last one I saw.
    But then I saw on my Sickness & Accident paperwork that it has to be completed within 21 days of when I stopped going to work.

The USW contract is up end of this month.
    If I'm on S&A, they still have to pay.
    If I'm not, I may be on strike.

Damn! That sucks! Hopefully all works out so at least you have some income coming. Good thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery from my family!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Damn! That sucks! Hopefully all works out so at least you have some income coming. Good thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery from my family!

It's supposed to be something like 60 percent of your pay.
    But....
    Base Pay only. No Incentive Pay.
    No average for overtime.
    No Sunday Pay.
    No Holiday Pay.

So, since I've worked somewhere around 60 hour weeks since June 1 (average), I'll actually be lower than 40 percent of my pay.
    Still, it's better than a swift kick in the butt.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The Mrs said we got quite a bit of storm activity last night that woke her up. One last bit of rain shortly after I got up at 5. The dogs got a bit wet.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    With respect to the recent talk of private sales....I don't WANT to sell firearms to felons or gang members and have right to refuse sale for any reason. And I see lots of folks ask for LTCH for sales and others process sale through FFL. But both the actions of LTCH and FFL seem fine with me, but do they offer any real protection from the boogie man? If somone does sell a firearm to a resident never convicted of s felony and the chap turns out to be a nutjob, what realistically could happen to the seller? Civil suit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom