• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Get any raccoons for Jedi? With Easter he likes the pink ones.
    The elusive pinl racoon has not shown itself sadly.
    I am saving up my raccoons so that I may have a grand releasing of the raccoons at Jedis.
    My efforts to train the raccoons to wear a tophat have sadly been fruitless

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Me and the youngest just got back from the range. She put about 350 rounds thru her 10/22 and a couple tubes thru the glenfeld. Got to dial in the trs on the hipoint 45 carbine. Ran some mags thru the new to me Kahr Mk9. Ran some mags thru the pmr30, g19, and shield 9 too. Now time to throw the ham in the oven and start prepping all the fixins.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ya know what really grinds my gears.

My wife’s family came over for Easter dinner at 3:00 (because they’re all F***ing 80 apparently). I’m getting ready for midnights, so I’m going to eat and bounce out at about 5:00. I welcomed everyone in, took their coats, got drinks Etc. like a good host. Everyone runs through the chow line and into the dining room and life is nice. I get my plate last and head to the dining room only to see that Uncle Jerkwad has taken what I believe to be my rightful spot at the head of the table (this is MY house after all). But hey, I’m all for playing nice, this is my wife’s family after all. So I look around the table and notice that they’ve got 8 chairs crowded around the table that is really only good for 6 comfortably, and ALL of them are occupied.

So not only am I not in my spot, I’m not even at the damn table, MY table!

I guarantee you, if I’d have tried this at any of their houses, I’d be asked to move or leave.

So, I sat quietly by myself at the overflow/kids table, with not even my wife to keep me company.

ce9062dad24918d4045ca69640c0ebfd.jpg

And now I’m at work. Happy Easter.

I’m glad I only see these people once in a while.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Gerominojoe, I'm with Acteon on that one...

Of course next time you could be cordial and set up the table space as a standing room only affair and then once you got your food ready pull a chair out of the closet and take a seat and watch the festivities begin...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ya know what really grinds my gears.

My wife’s family came over for Easter dinner at 3:00 (because they’re all F***ing 80 apparently). I’m getting ready for midnights, so I’m going to eat and bounce out at about 5:00. I welcomed everyone in, took their coats, got drinks Etc. like a good host. Everyone runs through the chow line and into the dining room and life is nice. I get my plate last and head to the dining room only to see that Uncle Jerkwad has taken what I believe to be my rightful spot at the head of the table (this is MY house after all). But hey, I’m all for playing nice, this is my wife’s family after all. So I look around the table and notice that they’ve got 8 chairs crowded around the table that is really only good for 6 comfortably, and ALL of them are occupied.

So not only am I not in my spot, I’m not even at the damn table, MY table!

I guarantee you, if I’d have tried this at any of their houses, I’d be asked to move or leave.

So, I sat quietly by myself at the overflow/kids table, with not even my wife to keep me company.

ce9062dad24918d4045ca69640c0ebfd.jpg

And now I’m at work. Happy Easter.

I’m glad I only see these people once in a while.
    Sucks to have family over who don't have any class or manners. You can see they came over to eat your food and not to see you. Just think you may have a year of planning all the stuff you WILL change next time they show up. :whistle:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Good day at the range Saturday morning. Practice, things sighted in, 1st time firings, and general getting to fire things others brought. Got to finally shoot that Luger I bought & it is dead nuts! I enjoyed shooting it one handed better than two handed.
    Lots of family time today and yesterday. Freak snowstorm on the way home from the north side of Indy past the windmills where holiday trvelers lost their driving abilities.

Can't wait to sleep in my own bed!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @joe, see y u need to fund my death star project?
    ;)

simple solution is...
    dont attend the event
    go ask to work the whole day
    dont hold the event
    fund the death star project

or tolerate the once a year, actually its probably 3x a year, easter, xmass, and bday events.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Monday, hell its my “Thursday,” and I have to come in on “Saturday and Sunday.”

My blast furnace is boned, we’re coming off for an emergency outage tomorrow morning.

I made a joke about our millwrights getting a bunch of Flex-seal to stop a bunch of water leaks on the stack, I was actually taken seriously and was told that I might get one of those Carnegie way awards for the suggestion.

Oh what a place to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Monday, hell its my “Thursday,” and I have to come in on “Saturday and Sunday.”

My blast furnace is boned, we’re coming off for an emergency outage tomorrow morning.

I made a joke about our millwrights getting a bunch of Flex-seal to stop a bunch of water leaks on the stack, I was actually taken seriously and was told that I might get one of those Carnegie way awards for the suggestion.

Oh what a place to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're the reason I'm stuck on a double tomorrow.
    We're going down cause you're going down.
    :xmad:
    I hate midnight to day shift doubles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom