• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Headed to New Orleans soon. What to do, what to do? Will be working most the time, but will have some free time. Going to go to bourbon st to check it out, probably beignets at cafe du monde, anything else that's a must see?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Headed to New Orleans soon. What to do, what to do? Will be working most the time, but will have some free time. Going to go to bourbon st to check it out, probably beignets at cafe du monde, anything else that's a must see?

GO EAT GOOD FOOD!
    Commander's Palace
    Brennan's
    Mr B's Bistro
    K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen

And you have to have the grilled oysters at Drago's

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Tons of good seafood restaurants. One place we went was a cemetery next to the sea wall. They have to bury above ground due to the water table. Getting to climb up on the sea wall to gain the perspective of how screwed New Orleans is if it breaks is something to witness. Standing next to it is one thing. Getting up on it an seeing the difference is another. One must also consume a Hurricane of their liking.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I think Walmart stopped selling "scary black rifles" a few years ago? At least that is what i heard yesssterday. Now it extends to Airsoft and other toys?
    Not a big walmart shopper myself but i recall valpo having ar's in the display recently. in fact , within the last couple month's someone stole a bushmaster ar from valpo, walking out the door with it when the gun cabinet guy walked away from his post when showing it to him.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009

The last time I was in New Orleans, Ray Nagin (the mayor at the time) was calling it a chocolate city, apparently he listened to a little too much Parliament, he’s also in jail now for corruption.
    As I recall it was kind of a dump, but then again I was also there a few days after Katrina hit, I’m sure it’s better now.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Bunch of slackers, you guys are.
    You all have been sleeping for the last 8 hours or whatever, I’ve been doing stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yea, last night I slept for crap. Although there are times I miss shift work, I really don't mind a set schedule either

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom