Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    :coffee:Back door cold front coming. A lot of under dressed people predicted this afternoon.
    Until summer, I continue to predict this. It's hilarious watching people freezing waiting for the train, next day, same thing, it's like they figured freezing for awhile is cool.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Be happy they are at least talking about it.
    Here we can not talk about it.
    We even had a offer to have the police give us an active shooter presentation on what to do and for the police to field survey our building and managment said nope. It would have been free and still managment said nope.

Even the link to an online presentation we were not alowed to post on our internal website nor hand out.
    Let me help you. Hide and pray you don't die

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    You can add Dick's to the boycott list after releasing their statement about not selling AR's...not like they sold any anyway.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You can add Dick's to the boycott list after releasing their statement about not selling AR's...not like they sold any anyway.

According to their statement they're also not selling high cap mags, and have never, nor ever will sell bump stocks. I don't think I've ever bought anything there before, bit definitely never will now

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The last time I went to Dick's (appropriately named) I selected a box of .45 ACP. It was pennies cheaper than Walmart. I expected to be handed the box and walk to the register. No, the gun counter boy had to walk it to the register for me. I mentioned that I was carrying a 1911, locked and loaded and 2 spare mags. That didn't matter.

He walked me to the front of the store where I thought he would ring me up, but no. he placed it behind the counter and pointed to the line where about ten people were ahead of me. I told him to forget about it and left.

I was slightly P****d when my wife bought my SIL a Dick,s gift card for Christmas so he could pick out his own fishing supplies. I told her to never do that again. Get a Bass Pro or Cabella's but not Dick's.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are they not opening themselves to age base discrimination lawsuit as a customer age 18-20 can buy that legal product elsewhere.

Age based discrimination claims are very limited. I suppose a common-law argument could be made, but it will be pretty unprecedented. Where age-based discrimination suits are successful, they are based upon a specific statute. The most common, ADEA, is limited to employment issues and only protects persons over 40.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom