Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I got three days worth of mail yesterday. I guess I finally cleared the snow close enough to the mailbox. Saturday they didn't deliver mail but they put a note in the box saying they couldn't deliver mail because there was snow in front of the box.

Those LLVs (Life Long Vehicles) are like skateboards in the snow. I was told by a postal worker it is against policy for mailman to exit those vehicles to deliver your letters. I'll spare everyone the details of safety, insurance, and such.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Those LLVs (Life Long Vehicles) are like skateboards in the snow. I was told by a postal worker it is against policy for mailman to exit those vehicles to deliver your letters. I'll spare everyone the details of safety, insurance, and such.

I totally get that, and I wouldn't have been surprised if the box had stayed empty for a few days. But I thought it was strange that they would put a note in the box but not the mail.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I totally get that, and I wouldn't have been surprised if the box had stayed empty for a few days. But I thought it was strange that they would put a note in the box but not the mail.

Did all the neighborhood get these letters, or just reachable mailboxes? Perhaps you didn't actually have "mail" that day.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not really usps tracking is worthless. They enter it in the system right before they leave for delivery. If for some reason it does not get dropped off then SHOULD update their system but seldom do n just attempt the next day. So system shows delivered but its not.

Amazon packages get this treatment a lot.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    FWIW they get out of the vehicle to deliver to practically every business on their route, can't imagine why they couldn't at a mailbox.
    I work on postal trucks at my job, couldn't ask for an easier vehicle to repair. :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So yeah, today is Pączki Day for my people!

Look here we only allow rednecks, thugs, and "you people" on this channel. "My people" is not an approved class of peoole as such i am offended of being excluded by your comment.

:p

Oh i had one of those here at work filled with strawberries. It tasted like a big sugar jello donut but with fresh sttawberries vs the glaze kind. Nothing to die for. Did need some milk for it i guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom