d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Oh 8 feet nice. That is a raccon fort for sure.
    Its gonna rain wed thru fri so it will melt.

Im just showing a light drizzle Wednesday then some rain turning to snow Thursday evening. Gonna have some 40° degree temps but well below freezing at night. Make for lots of frozen puddles come morning commute. With the added 4" overnight. Im up to about 18- 20" here on North side of Hobart, depending on where you measure

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That is still not feets and feets of snow. :faint:
    This is all GBs fault he stoped the snow.

@klb
    Are you snowed in yet?
    I should go that way later this week.
    Otherwise for sure the 1st sat in march as i have to go to vaplo then. :puke:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had 14" before the 2nd round last night. We probably got 4-5" more overnight.

Definitely got my money's worth out of that snow blower. I'm glad it showed up in time.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My measurements are an average of 4 flat spots in different parts of the yard and driveway. Drifts, 6' driveway end piles, & and the 6' mound I created to then make a tunnel for the kid to crawl through are a different story.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well if you were ambitious earlier, I notice anywhere that I cleared off that the sun can touch is making everything all melty in the driveway.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    attachment.php

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    6 inches if that down here

We have a solid 10" in far west (state line) Lowellabama. Tractor easily handled everything I asked it to do. Did 3 driveways this morning without the engine ever thinking of bogging down.

I was up in Hammond doing some snowblowing and they have a good bit more. The snow was over the top of my little snowblower. Took 2 to 3 passes to get down. The side streets are in rough shape, lots of cars buried until it melts. Helped out an older woman and got her walks cleared enough that she was able to salt it. Her son apparently didn't get her snowblower fixed? She's the "black" woman, apparently none of the whites or hispanics, all of which seemed to have snowblowers, didn't help her. So I did. WTF people!?!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

@klb
    Are you snowed in yet?
    Nope. Tractor cleared things up nicely.

I am home Wednesday and Friday

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We have a solid 10" in far west (state line) Lowellabama. Tractor easily handled everything I asked it to do. Did 3 driveways this morning without the engine ever thinking of bogging down.

I was up in Hammond doing some snowblowing and they have a good bit more. The snow was over the top of my little snowblower. Took 2 to 3 passes to get down. The side streets are in rough shape, lots of cars buried until it melts. Helped out an older woman and got her walks cleared enough that she was able to salt it. Her son apparently didn't get her snowblower fixed? She's the "black" woman, apparently none of the whites or hispanics, all of which seemed to have snowblowers, didn't help her. So I did. WTF people!?!

I help older people. Though not this time. My bad back kept me from getting my own.
    People with teenagers, I figure the kids need to learn.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

@klb
    Are you snowed in yet?

Jedi, you need to move east a few cities, lake effect is worse a bit east.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I think for sure next time I'm going to borrow a snowblower. My lower back regrets muscling through. Not looking forward to all the upcoming ice.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm going to use my snowblower, but probably not till tomorrow.
    Got physical therapy at 930.
    Then lunch
    Then work
    I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it being used after 10 tonight.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

The races tend not to help each other in northern lake county. It is not unusal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom