• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got the plate right here on my desk, ready to put on.

$399 at Harbor Freight. I had a 20% off coupon, which they don't allow on trailers any more. Brought it down to $320. With plywood and hardware, back to $400. BTW, it is the foldable model, but folding it involves unbolting the plywood from the frame and removing six more bolts from the frame, all of which are very difficult to access. This thing is never going to be folded.

I always thought about buying one of those, love the idea of the folding trailer for storage.

Is it the thickness of the plywood that prevents if from folding?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Off to Plymouth for a FTF sale (and some work :puke: ). If you don't hear back from my by tonight, send the search party. Probably stop by Blythe's on the way home to see if they have the gun I want, maybe that gun store on 30 near Plymouth as well.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Figures. I just walked out of Blythes with one. Only plus side is I got the Gen 2, not the Duty. Great price though. Blythes has a P01 that I really want, but I have to replenish gun funds for that one.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    so this scope search is starting to get expensive...

The Viper HS T is nice but then I started looking at a Viper PST with the H-95 type reticle and I'm starting to think I might need to get a loan to get her...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    N now pink dragon can take plywood 2 the range 4 us.
    Yyyyyeeeesssss

Btw pink dragon your pres will tell you that YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT so quit saying fibs.
    Mmmuuuhhhaaa

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sorry Ballstater it looks like I'm financing a new scope... and a new base and some new rings... oh heck this is even getting worst as I go... I might have to sell some more 22LR's...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I may not have given up yet on folding that trailer. The six nuts/bolts on the frame that have to be taken off are a real PITA to access and require two socket wrenches, and you have to get underneath the trailer to get them off. If I put wing nuts on instead of the locking nuts that are on there, it might be doable. I'm not sure if it will fold with the plywood I have on, but there are youtube videos that show it folding with plywood on it. After I take my snowblower in, I'll let you know.

Which reminds me... anyone know of a good place to take my snowblower and lawnmower? Snowblower won't start. Lawnmower just needs sharpening and oil change.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I may not have given up yet on folding that trailer. The six nuts/bolts on the frame that have to be taken off are a real PITA to access and require two socket wrenches, and you have to get underneath the trailer to get them off. If I put wing nuts on instead of the locking nuts that are on there, it might be doable. I'm not sure if it will fold with the plywood I have on, but there are youtube videos that show it folding with plywood on it. After I take my snowblower in, I'll let you know.

Which reminds me... anyone know of a good place to take my snowblower and lawnmower? Snowblower won't start. Lawnmower just needs sharpening and oil change.

Gruel Brothers?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I use Don Bales on the west side of Lowell for my small engine stuff, lawn tractor, etc. They always treat me well enough.

I've heard some good stuff about Jim's Service on US41 outside of Cedar Lake.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jim from Jim's Repair is a customer of mine and has done work for me in the past that I was happy with...

Getting ready to drop the Honda Genpack off with him for a overhaul...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Gruel Brothers?

When my buddy (Co-owner of Touch of Grass) can't fix it or doesn't have the time, he gets service at Gruel Brothers. They are way closer for you than my guy too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom