• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Still waiting on a call from Blythe's in Valpo. I doubt it will ever come. I called to complain Sunday and was told Les himself would call me back. I was in there on Sunday and was arguing with an employee on how I'm surprised they don't have the new LCP in soon and that November is ridiculous considering other places are already selling it. He thought the fact that I said Ruger usually ships guns shortly after announcement was laughable... Literally. He laughed mockingly at me as I walked out the door... After he asked if I "had ever sold guns before?". He suggested I buy it online when I told him I could.. fine then I will LOL!

Got a couple guns there... never again. I'd post a review somewhere, but reviews have a habit of disappearing these days, when the owner doesn't like them.

*sigh* I really need to hit the range this weekend. I'm dying to shoot! :ar15:
    Plenty of gun shops in the area. Find the one you like and :spend:.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I like the little Rossi's but I got to say the Marlins are easier to work on. You just got to make sure there isn't any sharp edges on the lever where it hits the elevator when you get one... The Rossi's are slicker actions and a much lighter gun but the Marlins are built like tanks and can be taken apart in the field with removal of one screw...

Velocities go up in magnum handgun ammo when moving up to the lever action carbines which means a better chance of killing the deer and therefore better chance of having something to eat... You see where I'm going with this BillB.... Tell her that...

This 1 thru 4 Vortex is the cat's meow also... just saying...

marlin352312hdrfil.jpg

Just trying to help of course...

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Still waiting on a call from Blythe's in Valpo. I doubt it will ever come. I called to complain Sunday and was told Les himself would call me back. I was in there on Sunday and was arguing with an employee on how I'm surprised they don't have the new LCP in soon and that November is ridiculous considering other places are already selling it. He thought the fact that I said Ruger usually ships guns shortly after announcement was laughable... Literally. He laughed mockingly at me as I walked out the door... After he asked if I "had ever sold guns before?". He suggested I buy it online when I told him I could.. fine then I will LOL!

Got a couple guns there... never again. I'd post a review somewhere, but reviews have a habit of disappearing these days, when the owner doesn't like them.

*sigh* I really need to hit the range this weekend. I'm dying to shoot! :ar15:

Sounds like the Blythe's I remember.... South County Guns is my go to shop.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Me too. Although I do most of my buying FTF or on Gunbroker since my tastes run to old Smith wheelguns, I still use South County for my transfers.
    I'll have to check them out. I'm out of transfer places too. My go to guy in valpo is boycotted by me now because of his horrid customer service to another ingo member (Warrior Arms).

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I like the little Rossi's but I got to say the Marlins are easier to work on. You just got to make sure there isn't any sharp edges on the lever where it hits the elevator when you get one... The Rossi's are slicker actions and a much lighter gun but the Marlins are built like tanks and can be taken apart in the field with removal of one screw...

Velocities go up in magnum handgun ammo when moving up to the lever action carbines which means a better chance of killing the deer and therefore better chance of having something to eat... You see where I'm going with this BillB.... Tell her that...

This 1 thru 4 Vortex is the cat's meow also... just saying...

Just trying to help of course...

True, but the ballistics on a 12 gauge are better and I spent $600 less on the mount and scope than I would have had to for a rifle, mounts, and scope.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pistol calibers include,

Some cartridges legal for deer hunting include the .357 Magnum, .38-.40 Winchester, .41 Magnum, .41 Special, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, .44-.40 Winchester, .45 Colt, .454 Casull, .458 SOCOM, .475 Linebaugh, .480 Ruger, .50 Action Express, .500 S&W, .460 Smith & Wesson, .450 Bushmaster, and .50 Beowulf. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.

Center fire rifle calibers include,

• 6mm-06
    • 6mm BR Remington
    • 6mm PPC
    • 6mm Remington
    • .240 Weatherby
    • .243 Winchester
    • .243 Winchester Super Short Magnum
    • .30 Carbine
    • .30 Herrett
    • .30 Remington AR
    • .30-06 Springfield
    • .30-30 Winchester
    • .30-40 Krag
    • .300 AAC Blackout (.300 Whisper)
    • .300 H&H Magnum
    • .300 Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum
    • .300 Savage
    • .300 Weatherby Magnum
    • .300 Winchester Magnum
    • .300 Winchester Short Magnum
    • .300 Remington Ultra Magnum
    • .308 Marlin
    • .308 Winchester
    • 7.62x39mm
    • 7.62x54mmR

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'll have to check them out. I'm out of transfer places too. My go to guy in valpo is boycotted by me now because of his horrid customer service to another ingo member (Warrior Arms).

I've done 3 transfers with South County. I can recommend. Plus, they are on a lot of sites as a one click option rather than filling in all the FFL info when ordering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom