EQsZMkN.jpg

3hJWqUk.jpg

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Anyone understand this? ... Can we really expect our taxes to go up by as much as $300/year?

I understand it.

Pete wants to take more money from property owners, who are more likely to be Republicans, and give it to people who will give a lot of it back to him in the form of campaign contributions and steal the rest.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Back when i lived in Hammond I used to go to every Visclosky event where there was free food and beer with a friend of mine who was a well known Republican operative. I wore my NRA hat and we ate his food and drank his beer and pissed off as many of his supporters as we could. Of course, they all knew who John was and what my NRA hat meant. A lot of them *****ed at us, but we just smiled at them and laughed and ate and drank. I always made a point of shaking Pete's hand and telling him I would never vote for him.

Ah, those were the days.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Back when i lived in Hammond I used to go to every Visclosky event where there was free food and beer with a friend of mine who was a well known Republican operative. I wore my NRA hat and we ate his food and drank his beer and pissed off as many of his supporters as we could. Of course, they all knew who John was and what my NRA hat went. A lot of them *****ed at us, but we just smiled at them and laughed and ate and drank. I always made a point of shaking Pete's hand and telling him I would never vote for him.

Ah, those were the days.

My hero!

I usually don't post my emails to him here, because I am afraid some would consider them rather caustic. I don't ever expect him to agree with me so I want him to just how much he P****s me off. He can not move any farther left so it can only irritate him to know that everyone in NWI doesn't want free stuff!

Edit: Good morning INGO :coffee:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue so some american workers could have the day off from work. :scratch:

Not sure that I ever did.
    Ditto, never got Columbus Day off work.

And now its not considered Columbus Day in many area. Some call it Indigenous Peoples day and consider Columbus an invader who brought destruction to the Americas. I'm glad I grew up as a kid in the 60's when we didn't have Social Justice Warriors polluting our society with this sort of political in-correctness.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ditto, never got Columbus Day off work.

And now its not considered Columbus Day in many area. Some call it Indigenous Peoples day and consider Columbus an invader who brought destruction to the Americas. I'm glad I grew up as a kid in the 60's when we didn't have Social Justice Warriors polluting our society with this sort of political in-correctness.
    Funny enough, this is the first job that I've had it off. Granted, lots of SJWs are trying to change it. Seriously makes me think, how good do we Americans have it that some people have the actual time to try and find things like this to be offended by. I mean, you have to be so safe and comfortable and unable to find anything better to do then pester people like this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Funny enough, this is the first job that I've had it off. Granted, lots of SJWs are trying to change it. Seriously makes me think, how good do we Americans have it that some people have the actual time to try and find things like this to be offended by. I mean, you have to be so safe and comfortable and unable to find anything better to do then pester people like this.
    Sad but true

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom