• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Unless your dogs are chihuahua pups, I wouldn't worry. A gerbil does more damage than the bite of any nonvenomous snake on this continent.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Unless your dogs are chihuahua pups, I wouldn't worry. A gerbil does more damage than the bite of any nonvenomous snake on this continent.

Pretty much my thought too.

Thanks. Still going to put down some powder or something. I don't want these near my dogs or house...
    The powder might be more dangerous to your dogs than the snakes. And the snakes will very likely control all sorts of problems that the powder won't resolve. Get rid of the snakes and the mouse population grows. Mice spread both ticks and disease. If you live in the country get used to the occasional snake.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Snake bites don't really even hurt that much until you get into the big constrictors, and of course the venomous, which again there is only one species in this region.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Snake bites don't really even hurt that much until you get into the big constrictors, and of course the venomous, which again there is only one species in this region.

Can't say I've ever been bit. See a snake every now and again. Usually dead, as a result of an unfortunately encounter with a tractor implement.

I'm not a fan of opossums but I won't kill them unless they are injured and inside my fenced 'dog yard' or otherwise a pest causing damage. But they are definitely a beneficial animal and control a lot of nasty bugs. I simply believe they are ugly. I think I've intentionally killed 2.

I dislike raccoons. Those things are a PITA. I've dispatched 8 or 10 of those. Always inside my 'dog yard' and always causing problems.

Deer, those are also a PITA. Rabbits, not a big fan. Coyotes have come up close to the house but never cause a problem. Cats, on the other hand, those can all die. They do not belong in our ecosystem as they destroy the bird population, both game bird and song bird populations are devastated by free roaming cats. Snakes, generally I have no issues with those.

But outside of the dog yard the animals that I dislike are allowed to roam free on my property. I can't really control where they go anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom