• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I love my 4 wheel drive but I realize it just means all 4 wheels can slide at the same time...

Cautious driving technique with the benefit of modern tools can make it safer but doesn't make one invincible...

As the idiot in the other lane goes flying by me at 80 mph in a 55 and creams into three cars because he thought he was invincible... Really need to get my 3 inch cement filled bumpers installed for these idiots...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    WD, If the idiots weren't on the roads you could make it...

Front wheel drive is actually pretty good in this stuff, but I like 4 WD better...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well atleast it would be the crazy cab drivers accident and his insurance hike...

Although I've taken cabs before and not sure if those guys should have licenses in the first place... Just saying...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    UPDATE: More than 25,000 without power as ice slams region
    UPDATE: More than 25,000 without power as ice slams region

We had the lights flicker here in far-western Lowellabama about noon but never lost power.

Fired up the diesel tractor a little while ago and scraped ice & slush off the driveway. Was NOT at all slippery on the roadway or the drive so I suspect the main roads are probably in reasonably good shape.

Nasty out there but I think I may head to the fencing club tonight to see if anyone braves the weather and because I'm bored in the house.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Got power here. Just cold and dreary and nasty. I hope this **** melts before it freezes. Supposed to stay above freezing through tomorrow, I think.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got power here. Just cold and dreary and nasty. I hope this **** melts before it freezes. Supposed to stay above freezing through tomorrow, I think.

That was why I wanted to get out and scrape it off the driveway. There was a crust layer over water. I was thinking if it froze it would be slippery for days. Figured better safe than sorry. Now its like a running stream across the driveway, apparently I broke up the ice dam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom