Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone want an electric stove before I post in the classified.

Brand: Hotpoint
    Model: R B532G R3WH
    Condition: Used
    4 electric burners, over and broiler.
    Asking: $80 OBO
    Can deliver to lake county for $20.
    Pink Jedi Hugs will be free. :)

Sure glad I can not use it!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Looking at putting a new natural gas BBQ grill out by the pool. Took a look at the Weber Genesis grills today and liked what I saw.

The Genesis, with the Natural Gas option, is available in Stainless Steel finish or in Black finish. There are other colors available in Propane, but in NG only Black or S.S.

I like the Black finish but I'm curious how durable the finish is in real life use. What is in the showroom is not the same as what the grill will be exposed to out on the pool patio. Every grill I've owned has been stainless steel, its zero maintenance.

Does anyone own a Weber with a painted finish? How long have you owned it? How is the painted finish holding up to the weather?

weber genesis is an awesome grill, the insides are as durable as the stainless, it should NEVER rot out, the paint is powdercoat and it will dull/whiten/haze over time and weather extremes, we went straight stainless and 4-5 years later it looks and works as good as new. but ours hides in the garage when not being used, a friend has the same grill in the black and his sits on his deck, the paint looks pretty rough, but it works like new as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom