• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Because it is $50 a gallon. Cement board is not a moisture barrier, it just holds its shape when wet. They would need to have a moister barrier in front of or behind the cement board if they did not apply it to the whole wall, or risk mold or rot.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :coffee: Reseeded the yard and worked on reseeding patches here and there yesterday. The weather guessing guy on the tube is still calling for rain all week for my yard to drink.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would appreciate if you would sign this petition.

If you don't know, I happen to be a high school Saber Fencing coach. I have students who fence in both school conference and USFA events. If this proposed rule goes into effect my kids will be competing under 2 different sets of rules, making a training nightmare. Even fencing clubs oppose this rule change. You do NOT have to be a fencer to sign the petition!

Please do me, and my students, a big favor and sign the petition. You will find it at the link below.

https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

Because sometimes rules are so bad they could only come from the mouths of drunk babies...

13221058_1215038175187874_5949716238892634429_n_zpsmigcxxb5.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Signed.
    Comment: Experts tell me this is a bad idea, and would be determental to their current training programs.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    :coffee: Reseeded the yard and worked on reseeding patches here and there yesterday. The weather guessing guy on the tube is still calling for rain all week for my yard to drink.

I have been working on seeding half my back yard since I have moved in a few years ago it was mostly weeks in that half and no grass. So I have about 500 sq ft. With a safety fence to keep the dog out while the seed is growing.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I should have seeded. They all say wait til the fall, you'll be throwing money away. We have had so much rain. Oh well.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The new rule is actually referred to as the Russian Box of Death because the fencers are so close to each other that if both fencers would lunge they would crash into each other :(

And that is bad? :):

2 Samuel 2:12_16 And Abner the son of Ner, and the servants of Ishbosheth the son of Saul, went out from Mahanaim to Gibeon. And Joab the son of Zeruiah, and the servants of David, went out, and met together by the pool of Gibeon: and they sat down, the one on the one side of the pool, and the other on the other side of the pool.
    And Abner said to Joab, Let the young men now arise, and play before us. And Joab said, Let them arise.
    Then there arose and went over by number twelve of Benjamin, which pertained to Ishbosheth the son of Saul, and twelve of the servants of David.
    And they caught every one his fellow by the head, and thrust his sword in his fellow's side; so they fell down together: wherefore that place was called Helkathhazzurim, which is in Gibeon.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I should have seeded. They all say wait til the fall, you'll be throwing money away. We have had so much rain. Oh well.

They can say all they want, but I have no troubles seeding in the spring. Rain and warm soil makes my seedlings happy, happy, happy! I sowed the seeds in the patching spots. The rain isn't supposed to start until tonight, so there is still time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You lake county people I am so ashamed of you!
    He says to sign some petition and you blindly sign it without first ensuring you get something in return!
    wwwwwwhhhhhaaaaaatttttt!!!
    I'm holding out until he gives me snacks. LOL!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You lake county people I am so ashamed of you!
    He says to sign some petition and you blindly sign it without first ensuring you get something in return!
    wwwwwwhhhhhaaaaaatttttt!!!
    I'm holding out until he gives me snacks. LOL!
    He gave you a raccoon. What more do you want?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    2 Samuel 2:12_16 And Abner the son of Ner, and the servants of Ishbosheth the son of Saul, went out from Mahanaim to Gibeon. And Joab the son of Zeruiah, and the servants of David, went out, and met together by the pool of Gibeon: and they sat down, the one on the one side of the pool, and the other on the other side of the pool.
    And Abner said to Joab, Let the young men now arise, and play before us. And Joab said, Let them arise.
    Then there arose and went over by number twelve of Benjamin, which pertained to Ishbosheth the son of Saul, and twelve of the servants of David.
    And they caught every one his fellow by the head, and thrust his sword in his fellow's side; so they fell down together: wherefore that place was called Helkathhazzurim, which is in Gibeon.

Brilliant :):

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    They can say all they want, but I have no troubles seeding in the spring. Rain and warm soil makes my seedlings happy, happy, happy! I sowed the seeds in the patching spots. The rain isn't supposed to start until tonight, so there is still time.
    If you wouldn't mind stopping by and dropping some seeds on the bare spots...:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom