• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My lucky number. On the thirteenth of June 1974, I jumped into Hargetts Drop Zone at Camp Lagune SC for Operation Bold Eagle. I was the thirteenth man in the stick on the thirteenth plane of the mass tactical. It was my thirteenth jump. It turned out to be a very uneventful jump.

It was a Thursday.

For the life if me I can't figure why I recall that so vivedly.

How long where you at Lagune?

Gfs uncle was there probably at the same time. He got a letter from the govt saying to get screened for cancer. Sure enough, he had prostate cancer with record numbers.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone know a local recycler that will take your scrap deprimed reloading brass, 22lr casings, and spent primers.
    There is one in Valpo we take stuff from the club too. Not sure of the contact as one of the old guys does it. A gallon and a half of 22's pays about $10...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How long where you at Lagune?

Gfs uncle was there probably at the same time. He got a letter from the govt saying to get screened for cancer. Sure enough, he had prostate cancer with record numbers.

I was 82ND Airborne at Ft Bragg, NC. In 8 years i was at Lagune for two different field problems.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    There is one in Valpo we take stuff from the club too. Not sure of the contact as one of the old guys does it. A gallon and a half of 22's pays about $10...

Yeah I got a mix I just toss in the bucket. Let me know if you ever get the contact info. I'm sure by the end of the year I may have a 5 gal bucket to turn in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom