Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone work on motorcycles, or know of a place that will pick up and work on 80's Honda's? I gave a place here locally the benefit of the doubt with the weather at the end of March and beginning of April to having to unload his trailer but a month past the expected date of service is it. I have the tires, tubes, turn signal stalks, need brakes, carb rebuild, oil changes and handle bars straightened. I can go out and buy new batteries to get them started and if need be ride them over if no pick up.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Atleast two of my models work on engines etc... but I kind of think your home life might get dicey if I introduce you.... They are awesome mechanics though...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Atleast two of my models work on engines etc... but I kind of think your home life might get dicey if I introduce you.... They are awesome mechanics though...

If they can do the work I could care less if they have a huge rack and can fix bikes. I promised the wife the bikes would go in on March 28th but this place kept changing or had an excuse. I gave him 2 for the weather and a trailer, but its to the point where we want to ride and kinda SOL for places out here that touch something old. I figure this be a Hail Mary. I mean if they can travel and do most of it here as long as they can find carb parts for a 500 shadow then we can work something out as it should only take a few hrs to rebuild a carb do a brake job and replace front fork seals. Heck I'd even make my wife get out and help.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone work on motorcycles, or know of a place that will pick up and work on 80's Honda's? I have the tires, tubes, turn signal stalks, need brakes, carb rebuild, oil changes and handle bars straightened. I can go out and buy new batteries to get them started and if need be ride them over if no pick up.

I mean if they can travel and do most of it here as long as they can find carb parts for a 500 shadow then we can work something out as it should only take a few hrs to rebuild a carb do a brake job and replace front fork seals.
    Hail Mary indeed - that's a long list for 3 hours. Curious, where did you try and take them? Obviously, now all the shops are slammed. Said as I look at the 4 carbs I just rebuilt for an 89 Yamaha that I wanted someone else to do... lol.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Boy did this go south quick...

PM me the make model and all that needs to be done to the bike and I'll forward to them...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom