• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just turned on the Air Conditioner in the house. We have 28 windows on the west wall of the house and I don't have the summer window shades re-installed. Going to get really hot in the house with the bright/hot sun beating in the western facing windows this afternoon! Guess I have something else to put on my TO DO list ... quickly. That or I will be getting "Thank you" letters from NIPSCO for being their best customer :(

On the bright side I did get the painting done on the west side of the house today BEFORE the sun was beating me into submission. So at least I planned that out pretty well.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    BTW, about 12:20pm today at the intersection of US30 & US41 in Schererville I saw Griffith, Merrillville, County and Schererville squad cars racing westbound on US30 with lights and sirens. Anyone know what happened? The appeared to go through Schererville and into Dyer but I lost sight of them.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    BTW, about 12:20pm today at the intersection of US30 & US41 in Schererville I saw Griffith, Merrillville, County and Schererville squad cars racing westbound on US30 with lights and sirens. Anyone know what happened? The appeared to go through Schererville and into Dyer but I lost sight of them.
    Looks like SWAT got called out earlier for a suicidal guy that locked himself in his apartment in Dyer. Could've been for that.:dunno:

Edit: I was a few miles east of you on 30 and saw Crown Point and Hobart squads headed that way also.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    87 degrees and the air does not work in my Jeep. I hate driving I-65 with windows open, so I took Broadway all the way from 61st to 231. FML. Took me an hour to get from Hobart to Crown Point. An hour in 87 degree heat with no air.

I'm a crankypants.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    87 degrees and the air does not work in my Jeep. I hate driving I-65 with windows open, so I took Broadway all the way from 61st to 231. FML. Took me an hour to get from Hobart to Crown Point. An hour in 87 degree heat with no air.

I'm a crankypants.
    Just like the old days before A/C. :oldwise: A couple of years ago when I drove dump truck with a load of mix/ asphalt it was at least 350 degrees and even with the A/C on it didn't do a thing from keeping the heat out of the cab. 87 degrees would have been welcomed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I'm a crankypants.

Submarines and Steel Mill living. I love the windows down.

Although, my house has no screens for the downstairs windows. So A/C. Except my thermostat died couple days ago. Bought a new one. Still need to install it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm loving this weather, I can almost pick up heavy stuff without a lot of pain involved...

Almost time to break out the chicken legs....

Life is starting to be doable again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom