Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This is my last day working at the hospital for a couple of months. Got a temporary teaching gig at Hobart High School. Hopefully this will lead to a permanent teaching job by fall.
    Congrats! Hardest part is getting your foot in the door. Which department?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep, algebra I and II.

If I get a permanent position, it would have to be elementary or middle school.

Larry, I'm selling off guns to pay bills. I will have to rely on my charm, good looks, and teaching ability to get a job.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I don't think Hobart has a ton of contracts open, but they do have a few teaching positions. I know my sister got a contract earlier this year, but was only one of a very few. Good luck, hopefully you can at least grab a spot for next year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yep, algebra I and II.

If I get a permanent position, it would have to be elementary or middle school.

Larry, I'm selling off guns to pay bills. I will have to rely on my charm, good looks, and teaching ability to get a job.

Check Hanover. I looked at their website for job openings for a friend of ours, they had a several spots open for full time teachers a couple weeks ago.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Definitely, T-Squared. :)

I would prefer middle school at Crown Point or somewhere closer. Melensdad, I saw the positions at Hanover... they have both math and English middle school positions, but they are only for first semester. I think they have a full-time elementary position also. The next couple of months are when the majority of the postings will be coming out. It's so hard to know which one to go for... you always want to hold out for something a little better...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

you always want to hold out for something a little better...

FWIW my wife actually enjoys teaching at Hanover. She is at the HS. This is her first year there. She had retired early from Lowell a couple years ago, but at the start of this year she got a call from Hanover 3 days before the start of school. The dragged her out of retirement with lower pay but great working conditions.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good to know that Hanover is so good to work for. That makes those temp postings a bit more appealing, if it would mean a foot into the door there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Good to know that Hanover is so good to work for. That makes those temp postings a bit more appealing, if it would mean a foot into the door there.
    My sister-in-law had a long term temp job at Jane Ball Elementary and she said it was a great school, she also did jobs for a couple others. So apparently its not just Hanover Central, but from what I can tell from the feedback I hear, the whole school system is a pretty good place.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo this is the last HP laptop my clients are ever going to purchase... Been on with support to order a set of replacement recovery disks for this Windows 8.1 pc for about 4 hours now. The repair is going to out weight the price of the pc...

that is all....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom