Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    attachment.php

It's kind of a pia to get them really clean. I put them through countless cycles in the ultrasonic.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'll do the walnut shells after the round is loaded sometimes to get the lube off. You can't tumble 5.7, it has a coating ,that is how I got into the ultrasonic.
    Do you walnut pre or post us?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Back from trap shooting. Just a tad rusty not picking up the Ol' 12 ga for 8 months. Glad the rain decided not to ruin everyone's evening.

Saturday is looking promising weather wise. I'm hoping to come and hang for once (and shoot) instead of working at the range. We loaded 10,530 targets into the traps last Saturday at the end of the day. That sucked, but should get us through until next weekend.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I do walnut with a little car wax added before I dump the brass. I rigged the primer pocket cleaning tool on my rotary tool and it cleans them in seconds compared by hand. I had a feeling this was going to happen I would find a way to motorize some of the process when it comes to my 223 brass.

I started out with 223 brass I had tumbled from years past, lubed sized and deprimed, re tumbled and went to town on the primer pocket and crimp if any. I have the rest of the batch ready to re tumble. I don't really want to re tumble twice as I don't want wipe excess lube by hand since I'm doing my 223 on a single stage.

My goal is to reload all the brass I have ready now throughout the year, and then find another 120mm can to throw the reloads I've shot in so i don't waste time on the crimps again. I would like to get somewhere near 5k loaded any ready since I know I don't have a need to shoot either of my AR's on a monthly basis just from the time I had shooting in the service. Once I get 5k loaded and stashed then I will probably break them out more as I will need to brush up on my marksmanship skills with what little qual books I have from the Corps.

This INGO lower if my info is correct will probably get turned into a 9mm or build one with a stamp and find a good silencer. I was just wondering if I could save a tumble by lubing my dirty 223 brass and doing the resizing and depriming but it seems I should continue how I started.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Saturday is looking promising weather wise. I'm hoping to come and hang for once (and shoot) instead of working at the range. We loaded 10,530 targets into the traps last Saturday at the end of the day. That sucked, but should get us through until next weekend.
    All work and no play...something or other

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom