• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Oh wow! I used to go to that every year on Labor Day weekend with my grandfather. What memories!
    I have corrupted the kids and grand kid's going there for Labor Day Weekend and the Halloween train rides. Hoosier Valley is also a treat to ride on the full size open air train cars. Illinois Railroad Museum in Union,IL ( about a two hour ride one way) has a lot of all sorts from interurban to steam and diesel rides. They also have ride day with Thomas if you like lots of kids around. Illinois Railway Museum.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    That's what I like about going there.

Ahh, I misunderstood. Yes, I agree!

I have corrupted the kids and grand kid's going there for Labor Day Weekend and the Halloween train rides. Hoosier Valley is also a treat to ride on the full size open air train cars. Illinois Railroad Museum in Union,IL ( about a two hour ride one way) has a lot of all sorts from interurban to steam and diesel rides. They also have ride day with Thomas if you like lots of kids around. Illinois Railway Museum.

The draw for us was that my grandfather used to drive a train inside Inland steel. When he started, he drove a steam engine dragging cars up to the top of the open hearth furnace. He was old enough to remember when steam tractors started showing up on the farms out in the knox area. I swear he was like a kid again on Labor day.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ahh, I misunderstood. Yes, I agree!

The draw for us was that my grandfather used to drive a train inside Inland steel. When he started, he drove a steam engine dragging cars up to the top of the open hearth furnace. He was old enough to remember when steam tractors started showing up on the farms out in the knox area. I swear he was like a kid again on Labor day.
    That's the best part to share with the kids and grand kids and their first smell of burning coal. Memories of mine from long ago and getting coal for the house furnace along with the coal bin in the basement and filling the hopper before going to bed for heat throughout the night.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    That's the best part to share with the kids and grand kids and their first smell of burning coal. Memories of mine from long ago and getting coal for the house furnace along with the coal bin in the basement and filling the hopper before going to bed for heat throughout the night.

That's funny. It's actually a smell that brings back good memories. I used to like to hang out by the saw mill and watch them cut down those seemingly giant logs into boards. Do they still have the power plant with that massive flywheel? I remember when that was a new exhibit.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    That's funny. It's actually a smell that brings back good memories. I used to like to hang out by the saw mill and watch them cut down those seemingly giant logs into boards. Do they still have the power plant with that massive flywheel? I remember when that was a new exhibit.
    Yes they do and running on the labor day Weekend. Time for a road trip back there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The left pic shows what my right eye vision is like (picture not mine, from the internet)
    Darker means less vision.

hvfa_2.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The left pic shows what my right eye vision is like (picture not mine, from the internet)

hvfa_2.jpg

If it ever gets so bad you can no longer shoot I would like to take possession of your firearms for the official opening of Larry's Museum here in Laporte.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

hvfa_2.jpg
    Is it getting any better?

If it ever gets so bad you can no longer shoot I would like to take possession of your firearms for the official opening of Larry's Museum here in Laporte.
    With adjacent brothel. ;)

Well, if you see a guy wearing a tie today, it will probably be me. :rolleyes: Small price to pay for attending a chef's gala 7 course meal prepared by 18 area chefs. Getting to see some friends I haven't seen in a while is a plus too!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is it getting any better?

With adjacent brothel. ;)

Well, if you see a guy wearing a tie today, it will probably be me. :rolleyes: Small price to pay for attending a chef's gala 7 course meal prepared by 18 area chefs. Getting to see some friends I haven't seen in a while is a plus too!

Nope. Just took my third test. Doc says it may take 6 to 12 months to get better, if it does get better. Chances are, what I have is what I have.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actaeon, Sorry to hear that.... You know I'll get you on a range and point you in the right direction to send bullets down range no problem... " ok we might just go to Gary if it's too cold out but as long as you didn't know where we were no foul right"

Ballstater, 7 course meal, I like how that sounds but it would probably kill me by the second course... betting way too many carbs....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom