Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Any of the more experienced reloaders in here I gots to axe a question. Is titegroup temp sensitive? I really want to break in the 450 I bought and get a hang of it, but in the past I would wait till warmer weather to reload. I've shot the revolver out behind my house and didn't notice much difference from 25yds compared to the rest of the year. Also fast service on those 62gr pulls they shipped this morning.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I never heard of that. I thought winter was reloading season. Ammo sitting in the sun will shoot hotter, that's the extent of my concern. ymmv

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I never heard of that. I thought winter was reloading season. Ammo sitting in the sun will shoot hotter, that's the extent of my concern. ymmv
    I reload in my garage with my little space heater. I would only do a few stages on my single stage with all the brass I had cleaned till I would be ready to dump powder seat and crimp and wait till warmer weather to do the final steps.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't think it makes that much of a difference. IIRC, the new powders are less thermally affected, but that is for extreme ends of the spectrum. The powder won't weigh any different in the cold, so you should be GTG.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yeah 15 credit hours in classes + two jobs keeps me pretty busy haha
    I still keep up with the threads though, just don't say much

LOSER! :)

And people can't get in to see their doctors on the weekend, so they're sick as hell by Monday (esp now that it's flu/pneumonia season).

Doctors have lives to you know. It's not all about working all day, all week just to you "us" sick people.

If you reload in the summer sun when the powder is warmest, it will shoot hotter in the winter.

Well if WD said it it must be true. After all this is the internet.

:facepalm:

While ammunition temperature does have an effect on velocity, I don't think it works quite like that.

:facepalm:

You 2 losers! You let WD, aka Da Snob, fool you. :rofl:

I see subtle humor doesn't work on you guys.

I guess I'll have to up my monthly purple allotment.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The green nail polish will act as a lubricant like Teflon! Cop killer boolitz.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Any of the more experienced reloaders in here I gots to axe a question. Is titegroup temp sensitive? I really want to break in the 450 I bought and get a hang of it, but in the past I would wait till warmer weather to reload. I've shot the revolver out behind my house and didn't notice much difference from 25yds compared to the rest of the year. Also fast service on those 62gr pulls they shipped this morning.

I've reloaded where I could see my breath, as well as days when I was afraid of sweating into the open rounds. Get busy Mr.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    no no no..... in order to get the most bang for the buck you must fill the case to the brim and compress the load with a heavy bullet....

This will either be really cool or you won't have to worry about telling us about it....

ok there may not have been any humor in that just some really bad thoughts....

tanner2hdrfil.jpg

BOOM......

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Got merrillville rd all torn up. Going to be all night on this. Got cliff45 to keep me company. And be doing it again in another couple days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom