• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It is handy. Picked one up a couple years ago and played with it at the range ... then at home (neighbors would have a cow if they knew I was checking out the neighborhood with my Leupold scope). It is a superb little tool and works as advertised.

LOL I do that too. My wife things it's rude to sit at the front window with my rifle pointed at stuff down the road.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So yesterday I got from Amazon my can of one shot, lee cutter with ball grip, lee decapping die, Lyman multi case prep tool, and lee case length gauge/shell holder. I believe I have everything to start reloading 223 minus powder and bullets which I'm looking to maybe find at the Valpo show, but is there anything else I may be missing. I plan on using my micrometer to measure OAl and CL.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    RCBS, Redding, and Hornady come to mind for dies but I'm just poking fun at the Lee stuff...

I use the basement windows to get dialed in from, for some reason no one seems to look at the basement windows...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So yesterday I got from Amazon my can of one shot, lee cutter with ball grip, lee decapping die, Lyman multi case prep tool, and lee case length gauge/shell holder. I believe I have everything to start reloading 223 minus powder and bullets which I'm looking to maybe find at the Valpo show, but is there anything else I may be missing. I plan on using my micrometer to measure OAl and CL.

Do you know what you are going to do? Step wise?
    What is your goal? Lots of reloads of general shooting? Long range shooting? Finding what works best in one of your longguns?
    Got Dies?
    Puller bullet?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Do you know what you are going to do? Step wise?
    What is your goal? Lots of reloads of general shooting? Long range shooting? Finding what works best in one of your longguns?
    Got Dies?
    Puller bullet?

I got dies, got a bullet puller. I plan on general plunking leaning more towards working them for my 20in barrel. I don't shoot AR's much just case of the time spent behind the trigger in the service so doing things by hand doesn't bother me. Step wise I kinda have an idea.. I do plan on working one step at a time with all my brass so if I have to deprime then I will sit there and deprime it all.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would like to stick with only 62gr shooting again from my time in the service and what we used. But what is a pretty common rifle powder people use I should be looking for?

You might be better off asking or doing a search in the reloading section here on INGO.
    I only use 55gr bullets but since I ran out of powder I have not been able to reload in well over 1 year.
    The old timers told me to use "ball powder" in these flavors

AA2230
    AA2200
    WIN 748
    IMR 8208 XBR
    H335

I was able to find H335 and AA2230 back when I was reloading and got those 2 to work in my longgun.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    ball powders meter better.... more consistent loads...

They really do. If you are going to weigh each round, which is not necessarily a horrible idea in the early stages, you may not care about metering quite as much. I'm using 335 these days for .223. It's so much about availability these days, I hear of people even using IMR 4064 for 223. Never tried it, but it seems to always be available.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Does old stuff like this do anything for any of you folks? I need to get rid of some clutter, and I hate to just throw this stuff away.

8925cc35-67d9-4a6b-ab70-ec0f86c62ac4_zps9yjxii8d.jpg

42af1590-49a3-4c49-9963-5714dd456cea_zpsmuqatlzb.jpg

20160213_121737_zpsqpusof9r.jpg

20160213_121714_zpsndzfyuck.jpg

The boxes in this last pic are empty. Just a bunch of old boxes.
    20160213_121339_zpsgo3odvzq.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Yep, that's the idea. Unless of course I have something here that's worth a million dollars. I'd expect you guys to tell me if I have something worth a million dollars...

Yeah I have no use for putting old stuff on a shelf just for looking at. If you want it you got it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yep, that's the idea. Unless of course I have something here that's worth a million dollars. I'd expect you guys to tell me if I have something worth a million dollars...

Yeah I have no use for putting old stuff on a shelf just for looking at. If you want it you got it.

You coming to the M&E march 19th in highland?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom