Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've been shopping for a new safe for both firearms and ammo cans for a while now. Blah.
    Definitely paying for someone else dragging it into the house. Thinking 40-50 gun size. Any experiences, tips, dealers, etc. I finally have the wife on board as the price has been an unpopular topic.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Don't quote me, but I thought you weren't supposed to store a lot of ammo in safes. :dunno:

I'm looking too. My dream safe is the amsec bf hd series.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Don't put ammo in your safe... I seen the damage from a house fire of a friends home and I think he had more damage from the rounds cooking off inside the safe than if it would have only been important papers and guns in there. Although to be completely fair the fire department backed off and wouldn't fight the fire after they heard cook offs in the house so the house completely burned to the ground and smoldered for three days before anyone was allowed back into the property.

Now a separate safe for ammo might be ok if you want to keep people from stealing the ammo...

Jedi, that tree doesn't have enough firepower I tell you.... Rockets, I need more rockets... and lots more ammo....

On ammo, I scored 2 more boxes of 35 Remington the other day....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've been shopping for a new safe for both firearms and ammo cans for a while now. Blah.
    Definitely paying for someone else dragging it into the house. Thinking 40-50 gun size. Any experiences, tips, dealers, etc. I finally have the wife on board as the price has been an unpopular topic.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tto-safe-real-pink-cadillac-johnson-safe.html

Get a Johnson save made right here in Indiana and you can not go wrong.
    Short summary The Johnson safes are custom made and the steel he uses is THICKER than anything used by the commercial boys expect/unless you go with the premium lines which when you price out cost more then a Johnson Safe. He will deliver and install (ie. bolt to the ground) the safe if you want as well. Plus he can paint it any color a car can be painted.

Don't put ammo in your safe... I seen the damage from a house fire of a friends home and I think he had more damage from the rounds cooking off inside the safe than if it would have only been important papers and guns in there. Although to be completely fair the fire department backed off and wouldn't fight the fire after they heard cook offs in the house so the house completely burned to the ground and smoldered for three days before anyone was allowed back into the property.

Now a separate safe for ammo might be ok if you want to keep people from stealing the ammo...

Jedi, that tree doesn't have enough firepower I tell you.... Rockets, I need more rockets... and lots more ammo....

On ammo, I scored 2 more boxes of 35 Remington the other day....

:facepalm: Yes I forgot the rockets. Shame on me.
    As for the ammo in safe comments.. hum... calling the snob! oh SNOB!!! What say you Mr. FireFighter?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Still dreaming...
    bf_gubseries2.jpg

HD is on the right.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tto-safe-real-pink-cadillac-johnson-safe.html

Get a Johnson save made right here in Indiana and you can not go wrong.
    Short summary The Johnson safes are custom made and the steel he uses is THICKER than anything used by the commercial boys expect/unless you go with the premium lines which when you price out cost more then a Johnson Safe. He will deliver and install (ie. bolt to the ground) the safe if you want as well. Plus he can paint it any color a car can be painted.

:facepalm: Yes I forgot the rockets. Shame on me.
    As for the ammo in safe comments.. hum... calling the snob! oh SNOB!!! What say you Mr. FireFighter?

Photos in in the link don't work anymore.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom