Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Call 5 of them, the price will be within $200 across the board I bet.
    Without even seeing it, if it's big, i'll say $1k. That's about what my last large, LARGE silver maple cost me with the stump grinding and haul away. Pretty sure it was Evans that did my last one.
    It sounds expensive till you see 4 guys busting ass for 8 hours in the heat and the equipment costs involved.(and insurance... :) )
    I took down 2 large ones with an ex-Davey climber a few years back - just me and him - it's a lot of work... and risky... not that you're considering, I'm just saying.
    My privacy fence survived by about 3 feet on one drop... close call. lol.

A limb fell off from it last week and almost took out part of our deck. I've got neighbors' fences about 10 feet to the south and east of the tree, so a) it's time for it to go, and b) it needs to be done by professionals.

It's not huge, so I was thinking $700-800. I'll call everyone I can.

Had a guy take a tree down a couple of years ago, and he hit the gate post to our cedar fence with his bobcat or whatever it was. He wanted to do the repair himself instead of filing a claim, and we wanted our fence guy to do it. He lost money on the deal and was not a happy camper.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had a big maple tree taken down a few years ago. $1200. They dropped a branch on power feed and pulled my weatherhead off the house. Then they dropped the trunk on my sidewalk and took a huge chunk out of it. What a mess. I've cut down the last three that I have taken out, not that I'm suggesting you do the same.

I didn't know I had a number until I saw it.

It's weird because I'm fairly sure the largest reason they want me is because there's cachet in having an American in your meetings with other Chinese companies, especially a tall and blonde one.

We'll see. Not a done deal but I think I'm up for an adventure.

Well, I'm sure they don't have INGO over there. If they did, we would be violating laws talking to you, so....

Good luck on CHINGO! :laugh:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had a big maple tree taken down a few years ago. $1200. They dropped a branch on power feed and pulled my weatherhead off the house. Then they dropped the trunk on my sidewalk and took a huge chunk out of it. What a mess. I've cut down the last three that I have taken out, not that I'm suggesting you do the same.

Suggest all you want, not doing it anyway. :lala: I did borrow my boyfriend's chainsaw to take down the lowest limb a couple of months ago, but that was only about 10-15 ft up.

Well, I'm sure they don't have INGO over there. If they did, we would be violating laws talking to you, so....

LMFAO @ CHINGO

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I really hope the 'how am I driving' reports really hurt the driver. Cause I'm the first Mother ****er calling on these *******s that take 5 miles to pass and when they get over in see them texting... A you wasted my time and B your going to cause an accident

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Reminder, the pistol sim class is this Saturday for anyone interested. 9AM at Glen Park IW in Merrillville. Free. PM me if you need the info for signup.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Remember Wagner's ribs noon on Saturday I haven't made a reservation due to there only being 5-6 of us going, but if you want to get in on the action RSVP and i will call Thursday by the latest.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I really hope the 'how am I driving' reports really hurt the driver. Cause I'm the first Mother ****er calling on these *******s that take 5 miles to pass and when they get over in see them texting... A you wasted my time and B your going to cause an accident
    We like those kind of calls because once we show the video dashboard footage of what really happened your version doesn't even come close.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

I think chingo is actually an ethnic slur.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    It's miserable outside. Thank goodness it'll be winter in a few short months.

Then again, I may be living on the other side of the world by then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom