Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks for the reply, melensdad. Repped

They can make stuff to order, in front of her, for her . . . so that should be OK with her.

BTW, I turned my rep points off.

I need to get out and shoot my pistol at least once a week. It is amazing how quickly that skill deteriorates if you don't use it.

YUP

A parishable skill.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Those warning lights re set like that on purpose. You probably have at least a two gallon reserve over what it calculates from.

Well, you should be careful less than 1/8th tank. Meters have a hard time getting it EXACT in that range. And tanks can be oddly designed.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    They can make stuff to order, in front of her, for her . . . so that should be OK with her.

BTW, I turned my rep points.
    She wouldn't try anything.

and now, I'm going to publicly rep you every chance I get. You won't be able to deny my rep forever!

every breath you take
    every move you make
    every bond you break
    every step you take
    i'll be repping you...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I think Actaeon probably staged an unfortunate accident to eliminate Joe. He forgot, though, that the internet never forgets.

Or look for the picture in the INGO events thread for the February 2014 NWI M&E AAR thread. I stand corrected and look in the poll thread not the AAR for post #213 for the picture

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The late "top 10" version of sportscenter is losing me. It must be crappy effects night; water and dorsal fins for the white sox game, and lightning and grizzly bears for golf.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I've been there. Ever see that Seinfeld episode?

When I was 19 or 20 I was driving my Dad's caddy down the Dan Ryan at night when the water pump seized and blew. I was stuck at a gas station, alone, in a caddy, somewhere between the 60th and 90th block.

water pump in my 740 left me at the end of 65 last year... grrr. as for the gas thing, when my z71 gets to a 1/4 tank you better get gas NOW. Jogging down halsted on the south side with a gas can sucks.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I had some business to take care of in Aurora and on the way back I decided not to take the tolls. While I was on the I55/90/94 interchange, my fuel light went on. To satisfy my curiosity and to live dangerously, I resolved to not stop for gas. I set my cruise control and hugged the right lane. After 45 minutes, thirty-something miles, and several hundred people flipping me off, I arrived at home where there was chicken and biscuits waiting on the dinner table.

Now I know not to trust my car when it asks for gas.

Not trying to sound like your nanny, but you're not doing your fuel pump any favors running less than a 1/4 tank. Nearly every vehicle has the electric fuel pump in the tank these days, and having less than a 1/4 tank makes them run a lot hotter...thus shortening their lifespan. And not only are they fairly expensive, they suck to replace !!

Replacing the Excursion's at 106K....ugh !!

http://

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom