• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Just finished replace front rotors and pads on wife's truck. Got it all back together, ran to the store in town. As I was backing up I let go of the brake pedal and the truck didn't move until I gave it a little gas. Ask goggle about sticky brakes. And found out both bottom caliper bolt sliders were siezed up. Tore it apart again got the sliders out. Wire wheeled them and greased them up. Put them back in and took truck for another drive. Problem solved. Save money not taking to mechanic.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just finished replace front rotors and pads on wife's truck. Got it all back together, ran to the store in town. As I was backing up I let go of the brake pedal and the truck didn't move until I gave it a little gas. Ask goggle about sticky brakes. And found out both bottom caliper bolt sliders were siezed up. Tore it apart again got the sliders out. Wire wheeled them and greased them up. Put them back in and took truck for another drive. Problem solved. Save money not taking to mechanic.
    Anti seize comes in handy

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo seen something kind of interesting this afternoon while driving down Kennedy avenue north bound where all the construction is...

Hammond Police cruiser on what is suppose to be road going across Kennedy from the speedway towards the church with his rear wheels completely buried in the dirt road up to his doors and his front bumper resting on the cement...

Anyways that made my day...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I would like to try that place. I will talk to the wife to see if it is an option. I hear the combos are the way to go.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    After 2 years in college, Melen has officially skipped a full year and is now classified as a Senior by Wake Forest University ~~ but her mother convinced her NOT to save the family any money and instead go for 4 years anyway!

She also just completed 2 classes at the Wake Forest School of Law and we just found out that she got "A"s in both classes but only received under-grad credits for the classes while her classmates who are in law school received full credit toward their law degree.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    After 2 years in college, Melen has officially skipped a full year and is now classified as a Senior by Wake Forest University ~~ but her mother convinced her NOT to save the family any money and instead go for 4 years anyway!

She also just completed 2 classes at the Wake Forest School of Law and we just found out that she got "A"s in both classes but only received under-grad credits for the classes while her classmates who are in law school received full credit toward their law degree.

If she decides to go to law school, it's very likely she can petition to have those classes count toward her JD.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just walked outside to mailbox. On my way back to the house I picked an apple off one of the apple trees and tossed it out toward the road. Almost hit a wild turkey. There were 3 hens and at least 10 chicks walking through the front yard along a patch of daylillies. This is the 3rd sighting of this flock. I presume they are roosting in my woods, or perhaps the woods across the road? Have not seen any nests, but clearly they are close.

If she decides to go to law school, it's very likely she can petition to have those classes count toward her JD.
    Not sure where she is planning to go to law school, but that seems to be the plan of the moment (subject to a change in the direction of the wind) but yeah, I figured if she stays at Wake it would be easy to get credit. If she goes to another law school then it might be possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom