Merrillville
    reach-extender-pick-up-claw-tool-reacher-grabber-red-36-long-0-700.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Tell me how that thing can pick up a flat 3.5" disk, laying flat on the inside of a racing skirt behind a bumper and weave that disk up through the twists and turns of the engine compartment when no hand could ever fit through those spaces? Not a chance. No way.

Only way to get it was to come in from underneath, through the wheel well by pushing it back toward the wheel well with a rod (made from a hanger) that fit through the holes in the mesh grill around the fog lamp.

That was a weird storm that buzzed through. Didn't think rain was coming, but it came hard n fast and cleared up just as quickly
    I was out on the tractor and saw the sky changing, it took a little longer for the storm to hit than I figured so I was back inside, high and dry when it started raining.

Then it stopped.

And then it started raining again!!! But not hard.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

And how would that grab a 3.5" disk that is laying flat? I doubt that could expand far enough out to get around it. And even if it was big enought you would have to center it over the top to grab it, but that was not possible, I could only see an edge of the dust cover/disk.

And assuming it would work, but I don't have one, am I supposed to wait a week for the brown truck to arrive to deliver it?

The hanger and laying on my back reaching through the wheel well worked, it was free, and the car is fixed.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Just got my new Milt Sparks VM2 Holster in the mail today.... Time to break out that Xdm that has been sitting in the safe waiting for the past 2.5 months. On a side note we had to take my little guy to Chicago to see the Doc. My daughter is 7 and is not in any city that much to understand homelessness but she likes to give out her money to them, today we tried something a little different and when we left the Cheesecake factory we packed up some food that we did not eat and she gave it to a man on the street. He seemed to be very grateful to have food rather then a dollar. I often forget how good I had it growing up and how I take for granted the things I have now and how wasteful I can be. I'm proud that she cares about other people and wants to help, she might even be rubbing off on me, and I'm a douche.:D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just got my new Milt Sparks VM2 Holster in the mail today.... Time to break out that Xdm that has been sitting in the safe waiting for the past 2.5 months. On a side note we had to take my little guy to Chicago to see the Doc. My daughter is 7 and is not in any city that much to understand homelessness but she likes to give out her money to them, today we tried something a little different and when we left the Cheesecake factory we packed up some food that we did not eat and she gave it to a man on the street. He seemed to be very grateful to have food rather then a dollar. I often forget how good I had it growing up and how I take for granted the things I have now and how wasteful I can be. I'm proud that she cares about other people and wants to help, she might even be rubbing off on me, and I'm a douche.:D
    That's great. Sounds like she would do well helping a charity of some sort.

The truly homeless downtown are always grateful for food. The beggars, not so much. It is usually very easy to tell them apart. I avoid the beggars. If I have leftovers at lunch I will give them to any homeless person I might come across.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    That's great. Sounds like she would do well helping a charity of some sort.

The truly homeless downtown are always grateful for food. The beggars, not so much. It is usually very easy to tell them apart. I avoid the beggars. If I have leftovers at lunch I will give them to any homeless person I might come across.
    My wife works downtown, and for a while she would pass a homeless man everyday. Eventually she started buying him food at whatever restaurant he was outside of. This went on for about a week or two, and then one day he started asking for the money instead. She doesn't walk that way to work anymore.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. Sometimes the grabbers don't work. But you'd be surprised how much they can pick up by a dedicated person. Especially if tape is used.

You wouldn't have to wait for them to be delivered, auto parts stores and home repair places sell different ones.

I've been using them since the 80s, in the Navy we called them bilge pickers.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    eewwwwhhhh.

You guys need one of these. You can pick up a used one for around a mil. :laugh:

single-site-davinci.jpg

The technology came from a darpa program for remote battlefield surgery. It did not get of the ground, but it works well for getting behind the pelvis during prostate surgery.

[video=youtube;W1Zq1o5kBeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Zq1o5kBeQ[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom