Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    It comes recommended by most of the CZ guys on here (Birds Away, LLHxxx, etc.).

When I researched it, I saw mostly info like this review:

"The CZ-75B Omega is basically a typical CZ-75B, the only main difference meriting its “Omega” designation is the fact that the trigger system has been reworked by the factory to make smoother than the standard model. Externally it looks exactly the same as the standard model, and the only way to tell the difference is by the Omega symbol on the slide markings. The trigger is supposed to come as close as possible to a custom trigger job."

That is not really accurate based on what it posted on the actual CZ website.

CZ claims the trigger is a simplier trigger.

It is only used on a couple models of their pistols.

The original CZ75b trigger system is a complex system but has a reputation for excellence. To get the most from it does, however, require professional gunsmithing by a smith who knows CZ triggers.

The Omega system came out to allow for safety-to-decocker conversions. It is used on the 75B Omega model and I believe the new plastic duty guns [P-07, etc] but not the older Shadow plastic frame. I believed it was developed for police departments (but I'm not sure of that) as it allows for the safety to be converted to a decocker, depending upon the needs of the department.

As for the "custom trigger job" comments, that is one that I totally dismiss. I've owned 2 of them. Its a good trigger. I wouldn't call it close to a custom trigger.

Seems to me that the biggest advantage is on your wallet. Being a simplified fire control system it costs less to produce because there is less machining required.

The biggest downside is that it could not be used with the 22lr Kadet Conversion kit. Its possible they made a new Kadet system, but I am not sure if they ever did that.

From the practical standpoint, the original trigger system has all sorts of aftermarket mods available, the Omega does not. That may be of NO INTEREST to you so it may be a NULL issue.

Morning llh!:bowdown: Or should I call you the CZ Jesus!

Good morning SD, How is your Rami running?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I probably won't be upgrading mine. I tend to have the mindset of "this is my gun, and I'll learn how to shoot it well". I adapt to it rather than adapting it to me.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The CZickness is spreading into NWI! We have seen signs of it lately, but....

The outbreak is confirmed!

Lock it down. Quarantine it. My insurance does not cover the CZickness.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    The CZickness is spreading into NWI! We have seen signs of it lately, but....

The outbreak is confirmed!

Lock it down. Quarantine it. My insurance does not cover the CZickness.
    It is very contagious! Like Herpes, but not quite as fun to catch.
    Good, we're counting on your vote come November. And all your dead relatives' too.
    My dead grandmother gets her driver license renewed next month!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Soooo you guys got my interest on this CZ trigger thing...
    The Sphinx I fired yesterday had a hammer drop safety on her so if it is just another CZ then would they be using the cheaper trigger in her ?

I liked the trigger pull and handling of that gun...
    I am not sure if the Sphinx has interchangable parts with a CZ.

A couple brands of the 'clone/look alike' guns do have parts that interchange, but last time I looked, most do not have parts compatability.

I usually bring a CZ or two to the meet and shoots if you want to do a comparison.

As for "cheaper" it is more acccurately "simpler" and that makes it less expensive, but I would not say it is 'cheaper' because it is still a high quality trigger. And as I wrote, they put it on the new poly duty line of pistols too.

I agree with all that has been said about the Omega vs the standard 75B except for the first quotation posted by Debbie, and I explained why. I would also add that some of my info is probably a bit dated. As I wrote, I know that CZ had stated (back in 2010 or 2011) that they were going to come out with a 22lr Kadet slide conversion that would work with the Omega, just not sure if they ever did that. Currently of the 7 or 8 CZ 75s that I own all are regular 75B models. I had 2 with the Omega system, nothing wrong with those either, just don't have one now.

For those of us who are 1911 guys, the CZ 75B is the natural gun to carry for something in the hi-cap category of 9mm pistols. Controls work the same way and safe to carry in the traditional 'cocked-and-locked' carry method. The late, great, Col Jeff Cooper hated the 'crunchenticker' hi-cap 9mm DA/SA pistols but he spoke very favorably of the CZ 75 pistols and made an exception to his hatred of hi-cap 9's for the CZ duty guns.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    $9.08 for a new halogen headlamp bulb for my daughter's VW Jetta.

Dropped the dustcover to access the bulb mount into the engine compartment. It bounced into the backside of the fiberglass racing skirt under the front bumper. Only a small child's hand could fit into that spot to retrieve the dust cover.

So 30 seconds to replace the bulb. 30 minutes to bend a hanger into shape to fish the dust cover over to a point where I could retrieve it. :n00b:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well, if you take it somewhere, they take the racing skirt off to get to it, and you never see it again. Or, they put it back on with half of the screws.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well, if you take it somewhere, they take the racing skirt off to get to it, and you never see it again. Or, they put it back on with half of the screws.
    And that is why I did it myself.

Almost got frustrated enough to put the Jetta up on my car lift and disassemble it from the bottom side, but once I got a couple fingers on the dust cover I knew the war would soon be over, even if the battle had only just begun.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just got my signed form 4s back from the Porter County Sheriff. They were a little slow, apparently due to a turnover in personnel. No issue getting the signatures.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    $9.08 for a new halogen headlamp bulb for my daughter's VW Jetta.

Dropped the dustcover to access the bulb mount into the engine compartment. It bounced into the backside of the fiberglass racing skirt under the front bumper. Only a small child's hand could fit into that spot to retrieve the dust cover.

So 30 seconds to replace the bulb. 30 minutes to bend a hanger into shape to fish the dust cover over to a point where I could retrieve it. :n00b:

I haven't had to replace a headlight yet, but I did swap out the DRLs with LEDs after I got the Passat. The access hole is in the wheel well and it is NOT made for anyone with hands bigger than a 10 year old. I had to use my fingertips to maneuver the bulb, and had to stand upside down to get a second hand in to assist with the task. Next time I think the front bumper is coming off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom