Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The Sphinx is just a CZ clone type pistol with some different cosmetics.

Just curious but why are you getting one with the Omega trigger system? Most people prefer the standard model, not the Omega system. Clearly there is a market for the Omega trigger system, so this is not criticism, just a question.

It comes recommended by most of the CZ guys on here (Birds Away, LLHxxx, etc.).

When I researched it, I saw mostly info like this review:

"The CZ-75B Omega is basically a typical CZ-75B, the only main difference meriting its “Omega” designation is the fact that the trigger system has been reworked by the factory to make smoother than the standard model. Externally it looks exactly the same as the standard model, and the only way to tell the difference is by the Omega symbol on the slide markings. The trigger is supposed to come as close as possible to a custom trigger job."

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Texting while driving should be way higher:

Operation Centipede during June:

Seatbelt: 46
    Child restraint: 7
    Open container: 1
    Operating while intoxicated: 4
    Texting while driving: 5
    Motorcycle permit: 8
    Other license violations: 116
    Driving while suspended: 46
    Following too closely: 66
    Improper lane usage: 195
    Auto signal/stop sign: 5
    Left of center: 3
    Failure to yield right of way: 79
    Improper turning: 82
    Equipment violations: 202
    Misdemeanors: 12
    Felonies: 1
    Other traffic offense: 269
    Speed 6-10 over: 82
    Speed 11-15: 434
    Speed 16-20: 540
    Speed 20+ over: 438

Operation Centipede aims to nab speeders
    That article made it sound like it was all on the expressway. I have a $25 seat belt ticket given at the end of my alley that says it isn't. They trolled the neighborhoods in order to pad their numbers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It comes recommended by most of the CZ guys on here (Birds Away, LLHxxx, etc.).

When I researched it, I saw mostly info like this review:

"The CZ-75B Omega is basically a typical CZ-75B, the only main difference meriting its “Omega” designation is the fact that the trigger system has been reworked by the factory to make smoother than the standard model. Externally it looks exactly the same as the standard model, and the only way to tell the difference is by the Omega symbol on the slide markings. The trigger is supposed to come as close as possible to a custom trigger job."
    That is not really accurate based on what it posted on the actual CZ website.

CZ claims the trigger is a simplier trigger.

It is only used on a couple models of their pistols.

The original CZ75b trigger system is a complex system but has a reputation for excellence. To get the most from it does, however, require professional gunsmithing by a smith who knows CZ triggers.

The Omega system came out to allow for safety-to-decocker conversions. It is used on the 75B Omega model and I believe the new plastic duty guns [P-07, etc] but not the older Shadow plastic frame. I believed it was developed for police departments (but I'm not sure of that) as it allows for the safety to be converted to a decocker, depending upon the needs of the department.

As for the "custom trigger job" comments, that is one that I totally dismiss. I've owned 2 of them. Its a good trigger. I wouldn't call it close to a custom trigger.

Seems to me that the biggest advantage is on your wallet. Being a simplified fire control system it costs less to produce because there is less machining required.

The biggest downside is that it could not be used with the 22lr Kadet Conversion kit. Its possible they made a new Kadet system, but I am not sure if they ever did that.

From the practical standpoint, the original trigger system has all sorts of aftermarket mods available, the Omega does not. That may be of NO INTEREST to you so it may be a NULL issue.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That article made it sound like it was all on the expressway. I have a $25 seat belt ticket given at the end of my alley that says it isn't. They trolled the neighborhoods in order to pad their numbers.
    A guy in the barber shop said he got one too. What a crock of :poop:.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That is not really accurate based on what it posted on the actual CZ website.

CZ claims the trigger is a simplier trigger.

It is only used on a couple models of their pistols.

The original CZ75b trigger system is a complex system but has a reputation for excellence. To get the most from it does, however, require professional gunsmithing by a smith who knows CZ triggers.

The Omega system came out to allow for safety-to-decocker conversions. It is used on the 75B Omega model and I believe the new plastic duty guns [P-07, etc] but not the older Shadow plastic frame. I believed it was developed for police departments (but I'm not sure of that) as it allows for the safety to be converted to a decocker, depending upon the needs of the department.

As for the "custom trigger job" comments, that is one that I totally dismiss. I've owned 2 of them. Its a good trigger. I wouldn't call it close to a custom trigger.

Seems to me that the biggest advantage is on your wallet. Being a simplified fire control system it costs less to produce because there is less machining required.

The biggest downside is that it could not be used with the 22lr Kadet Conversion kit. Its possible they made a new Kadet system, but I am not sure if they ever did that.

From the practical standpoint, the original trigger system has all sorts of aftermarket mods available, the Omega does not. That may be of NO INTEREST to you so it may be a NULL issue.

I'm good with all of that.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And I am too.

Its just so rare to hear someone who is shopping for a CZ75 to actually go out specifically looking for an Omega.

That is the only reason I asked.

Part of it was the price point, and part of it was that I could get it from a dealer I do business with (Sportsman's Guide) instead of Gunbroker. They don't have the 75B without the Omega.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Omega trigger system is completely different from the standard 75B and the quote above that the only way to tell is the symbol on the slide is total :bs:. IME, the Omega trigger is slightly better out of the box. The only part available for upgrade on the standard 75B that is not available for the P series is the 85 Combat trigger. You can everything else for the Omega through CGW. I was very hesitant to get an Omega until a deal for one came up that I could not pass on. Now, I am very happy I got it. I have had it fully Cajunized and am really, really happy with it's performance.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I did not realize SG sold firearms. I have not re-upped my membership lately, mostly cause I'm broke. I had a barrel on back-order there for months. I finally got it, but I did not order anything from them while it was back-ordered. Couldn't beat the price, that's for sure.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I did not realize SG sold firearms. I have not re-upped my membership lately, mostly cause I'm broke. I had a barrel on back-order there for months. I finally got it, but I did not order anything from them while it was back-ordered. Couldn't beat the price, that's for sure.

They just started selling firearms, and their prices are not bad. The Buyer's Club discount on guns is 5%, and I also use Ebates which gives me another 1.5% cash back. They just had free shipping over the weekend... not sure if it's still on or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom