• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good and that surgery is scheduled. I will be having surgery on July 7at noon. The dr will be pinning my leg straight.

michelle

I know that there have been those on here that have been curious as to what was going on with LadyGhost, Up til now it was more a story of hurry up and wait. Another part of the story is not wanting to whine and cry and be a drama queen on here. (there are enough others in other threads to not need another) As quite a few of you know, We are private people that tend to keep our personal problems and issues to ourselves. That's not to say that we don't enjoy the friendships we have on here, but frankly y'all have enough problems of your own and don't need us to add ours. LOL

That being said, I will let everyone know how things go on the 7th, once surgery is over. We have been told that this is going to be a LONG surgery (5+ hours) and is not scheduled to start til noon, so it will be sometime around 5-6pm before she is out of surgery.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Finally got my CZ 75 pre B home safe after driving back through the heavy rains while hydroplaning every other mile. Swapped the aluminum grips on the 85 with the wood ones included with the 75.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think it will rock as just hard as the 85. Will have to see how the wood grips work. They do feel nice though on the 85.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Family Fun Night at the Range, Kingsbury FWA, LaPorte

Date & Time
    6/30/2015
    5:00 PM - 6:45 PM

Description
    Cost: Free
    This event is available to families especially families who have never handled a firearm. Participants will be instructed in firearm safety and shooting instruction using 22-cal rifles. The range will be open to the public so proper shooting range etiquette will be instructed. All ammo and firearms provided. You have the option of bringing your own 22-cal rifle. Bring ear and eye protection. Registration is required by noon of the day of the event at the contact information below.

Contact Information
    Kingsbury FWA
    rlorman@dnr.in.gov

(219) 393-3612

http://www.in.gov/activecalendar_dnr/EventList.aspx?fromdate=6/24/2015&todate=6/22/2016&display=Month&type=public&eventidn=7718&view=EventDetails&information_id=15742

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Family Fun Night at the Range, Kingsbury FWA, LaPorte

Date & Time
    6/30/2015
    5:00 PM - 6:45 PM

Description
    Cost: Free
    This event is available to families especially families who have never handled a firearm. Participants will be instructed in firearm safety and shooting instruction using 22-cal rifles. The range will be open to the public so proper shooting range etiquette will be instructed. All ammo and firearms provided. You have the option of bringing your own 22-cal rifle. Bring ear and eye protection. Registration is required by noon of the day of the event at the contact information below.

Contact Information
    Kingsbury FWA
    rlorman@dnr.in.gov

(219) 393-3612

Family Fun Night at the Range, Kingsbury FWA, LaPorte - 6/30/2015 - State of Indiana

Will never compare to ours heck they only go for an hr and some change....give me a break at least we had some big guns.

[video=youtube;nLsXJitaiVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsXJitaiVo[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Will never compare to ours heck they only go for an hr and some change....give me a break at least we had some big guns.

[video=youtube;nLsXJitaiVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsXJitaiVo[/video]

While that is true now this was not always the case.
    Kingsbury was the original starter of the family event day.
    Six years ago, i think, they started as a full day event, minus food. The prior manager of winamac went to one of thess events liked it and wanted to do it at winamac but lacked the manpower and financial resources.

Thus we came into the picuture to help fill in the gap.
    Im not sure why kingsbury is doing such a small event this year. That is a troubling sign because kibgsbury n us are the ZONLY 2 ranges in indiana that does this.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's the problem I've seen with taking over M&E's not many people want to be involved in a group. They come and go as they please and if it were to fizzle out then so be it. You are the glue keeping it together Jedi and if you leave all this for NWI will go up in smoke. I think some of us would stay in touch and meet up, but it wouldn't be like it is now. If people are serious about eats and shoots they would show up.

Being a forum its easy to hide behind the screen but it take balls or ovaries to come out behind the screen and get real face to face time with other members. I would like to see if you decide to move on to bigger and better things someone who is retired or semi retired to take up the cause. If we are serious about shooting then lets show it. You don't have to come out to every single event but at least make a donation show up or spread the word. I say if your on here put your money where your mouth is.

(I'm on my 7th Blue Moon and on a roll. Listening to German Industrial, and my wife thought the singer from Eisbrecher was from Rammstein)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1775usmarine
    Thanks but my glue can ONLY go so far. What I mean by that is NWI IS my home and while I would love to be able to coordinate family events with all the DNR ranges it would require a level of connections that I just don't see on INGO apart from the NWI brothers and sisters. INGO Indy beats us 10 fold with members yet I don't see any real coordination and/or group of people that coordinate. I am VERY grateful for their ammo donations over the years but would love to have a core group that could do events like ours in that region.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    1775usmarine
    Thanks but my glue can ONLY go so far. What I mean by that is NWI IS my home and while I would love to be able to coordinate family events with all the DNR ranges it would require a level of connections that I just don't see on INGO apart from the NWI brothers and sisters. INGO Indy beats us 10 fold with members yet I don't see any real coordination and/or group of people that coordinate. I am VERY grateful for their ammo donations over the years but would love to have a core group that could do events like ours in that region.

As kids, just think of all the Elmer's glue we ate and now to find out over time it leave us.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Off to fish lake for my daughters softball game. Looks like a nice day today.

Time to start shopping for a new bank. The one I'm at seems to be dragging there feet on getting me any resolution on the fraud I had when on vacation. Keep giving me the excuse that the manager is not there. They finally sent my dispute paperwork out and said its going to take 10 days for it to process, to see if I can get my money back.

I gotta hit the range at some point to relieve all this stress.

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    That is on the credit card company, ask for the district manager and let them know that they now are frustrating you too besides the person who did the fraud. We had the same problem but our bank had the $$ back in 4 days.

Off to fish lake for my daughters softball game. Looks like a nice day today.

Time to start shopping for a new bank. The one I'm at seems to be dragging there feet on getting me any resolution on the fraud I had when on vacation. Keep giving me the excuse that the manager is not there. They finally sent my dispute paperwork out and said its going to take 10 days for it to process, to see if I can get my money back.

I gotta hit the range at some point to relieve all this stress.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    It's a debit card issued through the bank. Not credit card. If it was a credit card I wouldn't be all worried about it.

Coach just texted and said the game is pushed back to 2:30 from 11:30. Always last minute with this coach. I'll be glad when this season is over with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom