• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If I remember correctly from the FB post of the article a while back, people opposed to it were playing the noise level and "What if.." game.
    I find it hard to believe there isn't already shooting in that area. As I said in that thread, there is often the sound of shooting by me and it isn't all from my property. That is even more remote than I am.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Our spot lights in the landscaping are low voltage LEDs. I'm not sure they would be bright enough to illuminate that flag though.

I've seen some people use them. They seem to work. I just had to replace bulbs every couple weeks on mine.
    There are also solar powered ones that clamp on the pole. Seen people use 3-4 of those, staggered.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My wife just saved me about $2000, less the cost of 4 cans of spray paint.

So I deserve a new gun:rockwoot:

We have an old, but very well made, aluminum patio set. Probably been out there for more than a decade and looking pretty worn out. It was originally powder coated brown. Heavy winds tipped over a few of the pieces, chipped the finish up over the years, sun faded, etc. So I finally relented and figured we'd buy a new set. Comparable sets now run about $2000. WTF!?!

So she comes home one day with 2 cans of spray paint. Not enough to do all the pieces, but enough to do 3 of the chairs and damn they look brand new again. So off to Lowes to get more cans of paint. All done.

Now I figure that since we "saved" about $2000, and since I did all the pressure washing, carrying, laying out of the tarp, painting, etc etc etc . . . I should be able to go gun shopping and find another suitable Detonics compact 1911 for my collection :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My wife just saved me about $2000, less the cost of 4 cans of spray paint.

So I deserve a new gun:rockwoot:

We have an old, but very well made, aluminum patio set. Probably been out there for more than a decade and looking pretty worn out. It was originally powder coated brown. Heavy winds tipped over a few of the pieces, chipped the finish up over the years, sun faded, etc. So I finally relented and figured we'd buy a new set. Comparable sets now run about $2000. WTF!?!

So she comes home one day with 2 cans of spray paint. Not enough to do all the pieces, but enough to do 3 of the chairs and damn they look brand new again. So off to Lowes to get more cans of paint. All done.

Now I figure that since we "saved" about $2000, and since I did all the pressure washing, carrying, laying out of the tarp, painting, etc etc etc . . . I should be able to go gun shopping and find another suitable Detonics compact 1911 for my collection :D
    That is sound man logic:yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That is sound man logic:yesway:

Well have you ever heard of "woman logic" :rolleyes: Heck do a Yahoo! search of the term Woman Logic and see what you turn up. That phrase is just a myth and does not exist. So therefore 'man logic' wins by default.

That is my story, I'm sticking to it.

Therefore I get to go gun shopping. Now to find a unicorn ... a Detonics model I don't already own.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well have you ever heard of "woman logic" :rolleyes: Heck do a Yahoo! search of the term Woman Logic and see what you turn up. That phrase is just a myth and does not exist. So therefore 'man logic' wins by default.

That is my story, I'm sticking to it.

Therefore I get to go gun shopping. Now to find a unicorn ... a Detonics model I don't already own.
    They had a green eyed, red haired, Asian model for their guns? :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    They had a green eyed, red haired, Asian model for their guns? :dunno:

That would be a JEDI unicorn.

Mine is one of the factory Detonics/Seecamp DA conversions. There are some out there, but they are crazy expensive. So far I've not been crazy enough to actually buy one.

BTW, here at the state line in Lowellabama we have THUNDER & LIGHTNING ... VERY VERY FRIGHTENING going on now. Rain too!

It is coming your way!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That would be a JEDI unicorn.

Mine is one of the factory Detonics/Seecamp DA conversions. There are some out there, but they are crazy expensive. So far I've not been crazy enough to actually buy one.

BTW, here at the state line in Lowellabama we have THUNDER & LIGHTNING ... VERY VERY FRIGHTENING going on now. Rain too!

It is coming your way!
    Yeah. I got to the barn just before it started and it ended right before I finished feeding.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Great beach day! Lake M is all churned up after those storms and wind from the NW. Water was a little too cold to go swimming, but the vitamin D from the Sun was needed! Summer Shandy on the patio time!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Coopers do make barrels, just not the kind you put silencers on. LOL
    cooper.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom