• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    Did some shooting this morning with INGO member DesignerGuy (he is also an employee of South County Gun Works).

Loaded some magazines & clips (full moon, thank you very much).

Did some practicing with a couple little 380 pocket pistols. Darn things are unpleasant as all crap to shoot. But I like to keep in practice so I blew through about 50 rounds.

Switched to 9mm and eventually to several different 45acps pistols and 1 45acp revolver.

Turned out to be a great day to shoot :rockwoot:

I just make a big pile and set it a blaze. Typically I burn 4 piles a year, each pile is about 8' high, 20' across.

I got a glock 42 if you want a soft shooter to try out

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've got the LCR in 357 magnum and it is fine if I'm using Hornady's Critical Defense Lite 90 grain 38's through her...

Although to be honest most of the recoil subsides as the weight of the bullet goes down even with magnum loads.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I had an LC9 a few yrs back, but ended trading up for my 3913. The 3913 allows my center console to cover it so anyone who doesn't know firearms has no idea, but would like a 380 as I have been thinking of getting a CZ83 sometime and start reloading the brass I have. Plus I would like to fully close my center console so I can pull the armrest out to where its comfortable for me.

I have a cz-82 same size as the 83

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have a cz-82 same size as the 83

I've got a bunch of 380 brass saved up and figure WTH as the LCP or Bodyguard would be used for the car the 83 down the road would be to add to my collection. Plus I see a bunch of surplus ones for under 250 in decent shape on GB from the same place I got my 85.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I got a glock 42 if you want a soft shooter to try out

Thanks for the offer.

I actually would like to try the slighly larger G43 at some point. I don't much like carrying anything in a 380 but carry them when I can't carry a real gun. When Glock came out with the 42 I thought it might be a great gun, but its just too big for what I personally would want in a 380 pistol.

On the other hand a 9mm, in a package only slightly larger than a G43 seems far more attractive. It would also be an unpleasant little beast to shoot. But would offer a full power cartridge in a small package. The Ruger LC9 is the same type of pistol, lots of power, small size, but I'd much prefer the Glock trigger.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    KLB I don't think your suppose to say that stuff out loud....

A couple hogs would get rid of the garbage too and they are BACON when it is all over with... Just saying...

Did you not read the latest WHO report. Bacon causes cancer. :)

Not garbage. More like burr bushes, brush, weeds, etc

Why are you going to burn weed? You smoke it not burn it. :rofl:

Went to winamac yesterday to make up for missing the m&S last week. The place was packed to the gills with idjits. I was lucky to get a bench in the 25, let alone anywhere else. On top of that, there were a bunch of fudds talking crap about what I brought, "assault rifles" and "high capacity clips", like I couldn't hear what they were saying. Do fudds not realize that electronic muffs exist? Three hour round trip drive for 45 minutes of shooting before I decided to leave. Ugh, makes me yearn for the day I buy some property out in the sticks so I won't ever have to deal with idjits at the range.

I know it may not be possible for you, but I've found that if you target getting to the range around the time it opens, you usually can get your choice of range slots. Of course, that may not work at any particular time, but I've usually had better luck with early times. Then I get my shooting done and get out before the crowds really build up. YMMV

^This the best time is to go 10 mins before they open so you can have the entire place to yourself. You can typically get 2 to 3 hours of alone time with just a few other shooters on the 200/100 before the masses show up. Grant this also depends on the time of year. When deer season starts it's bad at the start of the season since many hunters are sighting in their long guns at the time.

BTW what is a fudds? I understand what you are trying to say just have not heard the term before.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I had a pretty productive day outside. Got the lawnmower and weedeater all winterized. The leaf blower and generator are all ready to go. I did get the leaves cleaned up before the rain started. Still need to get the snowblower ready.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Is it an old cruiser style bike? That's mainly what I'm interested in, but I like those old schwinn stingrays too, with the banana seats.. what would you want for it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom