• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    KLB I don't think your suppose to say that stuff out loud....

A couple hogs would get rid of the garbage too and they are BACON when it is all over with... Just saying...

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Went to winamac yesterday to make up for missing the m&S last week. The place was packed to the gills with idjits. I was lucky to get a bench in the 25, let alone anywhere else. On top of that, there were a bunch of fudds talking crap about what I brought, "assault rifles" and "high capacity clips", like I couldn't hear what they were saying. Do fudds not realize that electronic muffs exist? Three hour round trip drive for 45 minutes of shooting before I decided to leave. Ugh, makes me yearn for the day I buy some property out in the sticks so I won't ever have to deal with idjits at the range.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went to winamac yesterday to make up for missing the m&S last week. The place was packed to the gills with idjits. I was lucky to get a bench in the 25, let alone anywhere else. On top of that, there were a bunch of fudds talking crap about what I brought, "assault rifles" and "high capacity clips", like I couldn't hear what they were saying. Do fudds not realize that electronic muffs exist? Three hour round trip drive for 45 minutes of shooting before I decided to leave. Ugh, makes me yearn for the day I buy some property out in the sticks so I won't ever have to deal with idjits at the range.

Ask the Fudds what they will do when the come for the "high powered sniper rifles"

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    unshelledpilot... The public ranges are full all the time anymore and since the shooting public ranks have filled up over the last ten years they haven't all taken the time to get some instruction as we would hope...

I normally spend half my range time instructing anymore...

My wife makes up for it in brass though... lol....

I'm kinda looking for a place to shoot also which would be private... Nothing yet though...

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    unshelledpilot... The public ranges are full all the time anymore and since the shooting public ranks have filled up over the last ten years they haven't all taken the time to get some instruction as we would hope...

I normally spend half my range time instructing anymore...

My wife makes up for it in brass though... lol....

I'm kinda looking for a place to shoot also which would be private... Nothing yet though...

I don't mind teaching new shooters, sometimes, I even enjoy it. My problem at the range is the fudds. The guys who buy and shoot "hunting" rifles only as a hobby and don't care about the constitution.

Although I wouldn't have minded sitting next to the fudds if they kept to themselves, they decided to talk smack the entire time I was there. This was a group of 60+ year old "men" acting like 13 year old girls in junior high.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    unshelledpilot... haha.... I don't like that either as they don't understand that their hunting rifles aren't what the Constitution actually protects... Defensive and military arms is what it directly talks about...

Now I never mind sitting next to young ladies on the line but they have to be real young ladies not one of those Bruce Jenner types...sorry...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I know it may not be possible for you, but I've found that if you target getting to the range around the time it opens, you usually can get your choice of range slots. Of course, that may not work at any particular time, but I've usually had better luck with early times. Then I get my shooting done and get out before the crowds really build up. YMMV

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Did some shooting this morning with INGO member DesignerGuy (he is also an employee of South County Gun Works).

Loaded some magazines & clips (full moon, thank you very much).

Did some practicing with a couple little 380 pocket pistols. Darn things are unpleasant as all crap to shoot. But I like to keep in practice so I blew through about 50 rounds.

Switched to 9mm and eventually to several different 45acps pistols and 1 45acp revolver.

Turned out to be a great day to shoot :rockwoot:

Not garbage. More like burr bushes, brush, weeds, etc

I just make a big pile and set it a blaze. Typically I burn 4 piles a year, each pile is about 8' high, 20' across.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So next M&S if anyone has a Ruger LCP and a S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 I can test out would be greatly appreciated. The bodyguard can be either version. Looking for a new car gun to replace the 3913 so it can snuggle up to the 3906 in the safe.

A buddy just picked up a Bodyguard a couple months ago. I don't even know if he's had time to shoot it yet (pre-me twins, so, yaaaa, he's kinda busy). I did hold it and it felt pretty good in the hand. I'll have to see if he'll let me test it out/break it in for him, or see if he wants to tag along.
    My wife's LC9s Ruger® LC9s® Centerfire Pistol Models is about the same size (7+1 9mm vs 6+1 .380) as the LCP Ruger® LCP® Centerfire Pistol Models . The LC380 (7+1) Model 3253 ships with a LaserMax laser for a limited time Ruger® LC380® Centerfire Pistol Models

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    A buddy just picked up a Bodyguard a couple months ago. I don't even know if he's had time to shoot it yet (pre-me twins, so, yaaaa, he's kinda busy). I did hold it and it felt pretty good in the hand. I'll have to see if he'll let me test it out/break it in for him, or see if he wants to tag along.
    My wife's LC9s Ruger® LC9s® Centerfire Pistol Models is about the same size (7+1 9mm vs 6+1 .380) as the LCP Ruger® LCP® Centerfire Pistol Models . The LC380 (7+1) Model 3253 ships with a LaserMax laser for a limited time Ruger® LC380® Centerfire Pistol Models
    I had an LC9 a few yrs back, but ended trading up for my 3913. The 3913 allows my center console to cover it so anyone who doesn't know firearms has no idea, but would like a 380 as I have been thinking of getting a CZ83 sometime and start reloading the brass I have. Plus I would like to fully close my center console so I can pull the armrest out to where its comfortable for me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have a Ruger LCP and a KelTec P3AT. Both are nearly identical 380 pistols. Both are miserable to shoot. Never tried the S&W 380. But I've really never seen/heard of/tried any compact 380 pistol that isn't miserable. Even a comparatively heavy and large Walther PPK/s is pretty miserable to shoot.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have a Ruger LCP and a KelTec P3AT. Both are nearly identical 380 pistols. Both are miserable to shoot. Never tried the S&W 380. But I've really never seen/heard of/tried any compact 380 pistol that isn't miserable. Even a comparatively heavy and large Walther PPK/s is pretty miserable to shoot.
    So is a LCR 38, but you get use to it after plenty of practice.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My wife hated shooting the p3at, but does incredibly well with a Taurus tcp, which is nearly the same size. Both are very hard for me to shoot well. I don't mind the recoil, but they are so small, it's difficult for me to get a decent grip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom