Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :):
    I bet you never had school called for fog or cold. I know I sure don't remember either happening, and it wasn't for a lack of either.

Basically for weather related events schools have to follow a state-mandated formula on closures. So you have to protect people from themselves. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people standing at the bus stop with flip flops and shorts and sub-zero temperatures. Plus, school busses here do not have proper fluids for colder temps and their airbreaks freeze up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Basically for weather related events schools have to follow a state-mandated formula on closures. So you have to protect people from themselves. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people standing at the bus stop with flip flops and shorts and sub-zero temperatures. Plus, school busses here do not have proper fluids for colder temps and their airbreaks freeze up.
    Whatever the excuse is, this is a relativity new phenomenon.

Why does the government have to protect people from themselves?

Why do school buses today not have the proper fluids? They had them in the past.

Hell, these days they call off school because it MIGHT snow. Of course the weather predictions are always correct, right?

People will never learn to take care of themselves, because they never have to. Pretty sad.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Fog so heavy down here that Lowell called a 2 hour delay for school. The fog didn't lift so they canceled school for the whole day. To dangerous for the buses to run.

Cedar Lake had a 2 hour delay, but then started school late. It was not as heavy a fog a little farther north.

Have fun getting lasers shot into your eyeballs. Its obvious that Kevin loves his new eyesight.

I'm hoping it works out that way. I go for a consult in a couple weeks and an REALLY hoping I'll be able to do it. Who wouldn't want perfect vision?!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I thought this was a joke at first. Nope. This is a real product. There are "testimonial" videos too.

[video=youtube_share;QaFby4MX76o]http://youtu.be/QaFby4MX76o[/video]

Who volunteers to appendix carry?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does anybody have any news on the Steelworkers?

[h=5]Rodney Lewis
    [/h]8 hrs

Brothers and Sisters as a follow up to our earlier communication the company's negotiators are in receipt of our offer to continue to negotiate past the midnight expiration of our labor agreement. In short, again, the governing rules of our 2012 Master Agreement are still in place while we reserve the right to strike. We should continue to report to work as normal until you hear different from the Union.
    Thanks again!
    In Solidarity,
    Rod & Joe

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County

Rodney Lewis

8 hrs

Brothers and Sisters as a follow up to our earlier communication the company's negotiators are in receipt of our offer to continue to negotiate past the midnight expiration of our labor agreement. In short, again, the governing rules of our 2012 Master Agreement are still in place while we reserve the right to strike. We should continue to report to work as normal until you hear different from the Union.
    Thanks again!
    In Solidarity,
    Rod & Joe

Glad to hear it. Hopefully it's productive.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I agree. Neither side should want a strike, though there seems to always be that group that thinks they can "win" a strike. Let's hope they can hemmer out the differences. I hate to see people out of work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom