Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I finally had a day off that didn't rain, and that I finally motivated myself to do something.
    3 hours of Finance Officer paperwork in the morning got me almost half way through that pile.

At home I took down my 4th of July Tree of Lights.
    And I've cut lumber for my new Christmas Display addition.
    Tomorrow..... paint and drill (Christmas Display).

And if it's not raining I'll try my air compressor spray gun to paint the trailer. Dang things taking a year to rebuild cause of weather and laziness.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've used the hand siphon to pump gas out of the snowblower at the end of the season. I will not use the one that goes in your mouth.

There's probably a joke in there somewhere.

I've siphoned water, gasoline, and diesel the old fashioned way. Ended up with water, gasoline, and diesel in my mouth each time, even though I said I wouldn't. If you stop too soon, you lose the siphon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First they had to invent 'blinker fluid' but I didn't realize you were THAT old.

I'm not.
    Friend and his dad rebuilt cars and sold them.
    He had probably a dozen cars in his name before he had a license.
    I think the car he had when he got his license was the jeepster, cause I remember getting a ride home from him a few times.
    He kept a piece of paper in the car somewhere listed the law about not having turn signals.
    Because he kept getting pulled over for it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My friend Mike has problems with explaining the lack of turn signals on his jeep too, although he also has to explain that the gun's on the mounts are legal for transport as long as they are encased in their canvas bags as he does do when transporting them down the street... It really is a lot of fun to watch when the police stop him...

jeep4989hd.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My friend Mike has problems with explaining the lack of turn signals on his jeep too, although he also has to explain that the gun's on the mounts are legal for transport as long as they are encased in their canvas bags as he does do when transporting them down the street... It really is a lot of fun to watch when the police stop him...

jeep4989hd.jpg

He probably should print out the appropriate Indiana Codes, and laminate them.
    Coppers don't have to trust a printout, but it gives them a place where they can go back to their car and verify.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Seems our group activities have been in a funk this year. I guess Jedi really was the glue to our group as much as we would like to think he's not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jeepster is fixed.

2 trips to town. 3 new hoses. 5 new clamps. 4 left over washers that came from somewhere under the Jeepster. And 1 broken fingernail (Bill B).

Removed the gas tank, found some rotted hoses, broke a hose fitting, drank some gasoline while siphoning.

Fuel is not spewing out from anyplace except the exhaust pipe.

Runs.

Probably won't burst into flames anymore ... which was a real possibility prior to the repair.

All in all, a success.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Jeepster is fixed.

2 trips to town. 3 new hoses. 5 new clamps. 4 left over washers that came from somewhere under the Jeepster. And 1 broken fingernail (Bill B).

Removed the gas tank, found some rotted hoses, broke a hose fitting, drank some gasoline while siphoning.

Fuel is not spewing out from anyplace except the exhaust pipe.

Runs.

Probably won't burst into flames anymore ... which was a real possibility prior to the repair.

All in all, a success.

Washers are over rated anyway.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Well, I figured out my internet speed problem. Comcasts' wi-fi router sucks. I was getting between 2 and 6 mbps with their router with nothing else on the the network. I connected an old netgear router I had and now I'm getting 30Mbps with other people using the network.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Acteon, He has all the state codes written down and actually memorized at this point... He has been stopped a couple times now and in some cases he ended up with like 3 squads and the supervisor on site for the stop by the end of it. Giving them all a legal explanation and a history lesson at the same time...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom