• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooooo had to drop the suburban off for a transfer case rebuild... This is like being a fish out of water type of thing... I live in my suburban... it's only been a hour and I feel like it has been forever.... but when she comes back I should be able to hit the Knob show this october and mud her all up...

That is all....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They were not bringing carts around when I went.

DimSum is the traditional way the Chinese eat in restaurants, its typically served until about 2pm, but sometimes later. Not all restaurants in Chinatown serve that way, but it is the most authethentic food you can get. Most of the foods you get off the carts are very different than anything on the menu and very very different than you get locally.

Also, if you don't say you want DimSum some places will sit you in a different dining room or different area than where they are serving DimSum.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Going to be doing some work on my '67 Jeepster tomorrow with INGO members Bill B and DesignerGuy so I started to get things ready today.

I thought about asking Ghost of Winter too, but figured he hurt himself and be off work for 6 months :stickpoke:

Figured I'd siphon some gas out of the tank because that has to be removed and it would be easier to work on if it was lighter. Gas at 8# a gallon, thought I'd pull at least 5 gallons out of the tank. Siphoning gas out of a tank looks so easy when they show people doing it on TV. Got exactly ZERO.ZERO gallons out of the tank. Inhaled a lot of fumes. Not a good thing. Actually couldn't get the siphon tube all the way into the tank, it kept getting stuck when I shoved it down the filler pipe. I have another plan that I'll try tomorrow when there are witnesses.

On the bright side I did get the floor swept up of all the debris and sawdust from a major woodworking project, so at least we can work in a reasonably clean garage bay.

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    Does it have a manual gas pump or battery? If battery disconnect the line from motor and pump it out. I kept a aftermarket 12v pump with lines on it for my mower to dump the fuel in the snow blower in the winter.

Going to be doing some work on my '67 Jeepster tomorrow with INGO members Bill B and DesignerGuy so I started to get things ready today.

I thought about asking Ghost of Winter too, but figured he hurt himself and be off work for 6 months :stickpoke:

Figured I'd siphon some gas out of the tank because that has to be removed and it would be easier to work on if it was lighter. Gas at 8# a gallon, thought I'd pull at least 5 gallons out of the tank. Siphoning gas out of a tank looks so easy when they show people doing it on TV. Got exactly ZERO.ZERO gallons out of the tank. Inhaled a lot of fumes. Not a good thing. Actually couldn't get the siphon tube all the way into the tank, it kept getting stuck when I shoved it down the filler pipe. I have another plan that I'll try tomorrow when there are witnesses.

On the bright side I did get the floor swept up of all the debris and sawdust from a major woodworking project, so at least we can work in a reasonably clean garage bay.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Manual fuel pump.

Problem is when the engine is running it leaks gas at the top of the tank.

I was hoping to pump some fuel out of the tank so when we drop the tank to access the top where the fuel sender is located we wouldn't have to struggle with extra weight.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1xPortable-Manual-Car-Siphon-font-b-Hose-b-font-Liquid-Gas-Oil-Water-Transfer-Hand-Pump.jpg

They have little hand pumps. Maybe that might work. And yes, siphoning sucks. And you usually end up with gas in the mouth no matter how hard you try not to.
    I had a friend with a jeepster, can't remember the year, but it was before turn signals.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've used the hand siphon to pump gas out of the snowblower at the end of the season. I will not use the one that goes in your mouth.

There's probably a joke in there somewhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom