• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    After years of teaching astronomy to various groups I have come up with Bills' theorem of astronomical events. Simple stated, any unusual or exciting astronomical event, which is publicized and creates public awareness and a desire to view, will, in Northwest Indiana, correspond with just enough weather to preclude viewing.
    Last night was a good example. Meteor shower+publicity+desire to view=Just enough high-level haze to prevent seeing most meteors.

Bill, this is very good and seems to corelate well with teh data that I have available to me. ITs certainly been my experience that every year we have overcast the evenings of pretty much every meteor shower! Perhaps you could do a masters thesis or even a phd dissertationon it!

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    When it rains it pours. But it's a good reason this time.

After several months of financial troubles, and losing my job, I've found a job that pays better than what I got before, as well as having the best insurance plan I've ever seen. On top of that I've got interviews lined up with 2 other companies that I'm confident will make an offer. On top of THAT, I got a callback from Hammond pd and I go in on the 22nd for additional tests and interviews.

Everything's coming up Milhouse for me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When it rains it pours. But it's a good reason this time.

After several months of financial troubles, and losing my job, I've found a job that pays better than what I got before, as well as having the best insurance plan I've ever seen. On top of that I've got interviews lined up with 2 other companies that I'm confident will make an offer. On top of THAT, I got a callback from Hammond pd and I go in on the 22nd for additional tests and interviews.

Everything's coming up Milhouse for me.

Good news!
    I hope things continue to look up for you.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I love me some dry heat... Arizona baby is looking pretty good... Been hanging out on their gun boards and one of their photog groups and I like what I am reading and seeing...

Jedi, you can have your feets and feets of snow, I much rather relax out in the dry heat drinking cold water and hot coffee.... on a piece of blm property somewhere launching bullets all day...

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    20150814_144810_zpsxqhh4hn0.jpg
    [/URL]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom