• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've got a decent telescope and being here in the midwest I don't even try lugging it out anymore unless I'm down in the southwest near Arizona... The sky's here suck normally...

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Anyone willing to loan/rent me a canoe for the last weekend of the month?
    I had intended to borrow one from my B.I.L., but must have misunderstood him because he has a kayak.
    Anyway, the wife and I are going to Ludington with another couple and are looking to do some canoeing on the rock river but we're short one canoe.
    If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

got a 16' alumacraft you can use if you want to make the run down here. Might have to look around to see if I can find paddles.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    The family and I seen about 10 meteors last night. My daughter was excited to see them it was her first time ever seeing one.

I saw one around 9 last night, woke up at 2am to Watch some more and only saw one before It got cloudy. I am gong to try again tonight.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I saw one around 9 last night, woke up at 2am to Watch some more and only saw one before It got cloudy. I am gong to try again tonight.
    After years of teaching astronomy to various groups I have come up with Bills' theorem of astronomical events. Simple stated, any unusual or exciting astronomical event, which is publicized and creates public awareness and a desire to view, will, in Northwest Indiana, correspond with just enough weather to preclude viewing.
    Last night was a good example. Meteor shower+publicity+desire to view=Just enough high-level haze to prevent seeing most meteors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom