talk is tough

d69b1e564e8da4ac343f844b93cd66d7d852ba4b716c179f99a7b9172561c742.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Call Matt over at Front2enemy and purchase one through him, he will get your paperwork ready to be filed with BATFE with the 200 dollar tax stamp and you will send it in and wait for them to send your tax stamp back... Once you get your tax stamp you can take ownership of the suppressor...

Reasonably easy but time consuming...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Depends on what you are suppressing...

PS: You can file for the tax stamp and once you get it build your own muffler if you want...

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    does suppressor hurt accuracy?

Nope. Not that I'm aware of. But only been shooting 50 yards with eotech but I'm staying consistent with my 556 with and without the can. Only had 20 rounds of 300 blk today. Shooting more tomorrow. Should be dialed in real good by then

Last edited:

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    no ****.. what has to happen in order for me to acquire?

How I did it was through a trust. You can do a trust online at silencershop.com or silencerco.com. get the trust notarized so it's official.

Now you can "purchase" your suppressor. Several routes here. You can buy one online and have it transferred to your local class 3 dealer (like front toward enemy or copper customs inside valpo blythes)through a form 3, then when it arrives after form 3 clears you and the dealer fill out a form 4 registering it to your trust and send into atf and await approval. since you are waiting on two forms to be approved that is the longer route. Or you can go to Copper customs and pick out a suppressor there that they have in stock and file the form 4 right away so you don't have to wait the extra time for the form 3 to clear. I've bought 2 online now because they were on sale. next one i hope to buy direct from copper customs, they are starting to get dealer pricing so the prices on their cans are coming down. matt at front toward enemy also keeps a limited stock of suppressor so you can contact him to see what he has on hand at the time.

you can also register it to yourself instead of doing a trust. but with this route you must submit two photos of yourself, two fingerprint cards, and get permission from the CLEO in your district to approve of you owning an NFA weapon. this must be done each and every time you purchase any NFA weapon. that's why I, and so many other, went the trust route. also trusts expedite the approval process.

That particular suppressor is a 30 cal can AAC 762 SDN6. It cost $850 + $200 atf tax + $65 transfer fee.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom