Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks @actaeon277 for representing the 219 at the visitation. I considered canceling my Cub Scouts help this mandatory Tiger in the Wild meeting for their Tiger belt loops. After quickly blocking a kid roasting marshmallows who tripped and almost fell into the fire, I made the right choice.
    The scouts needed help more than bigtanker did.
    I had the time.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The scouts needed help more than bigtanker did.
    I had the time.
    Backyard camping came up. We have 2 guest bedrooms (3 bathrooms) and a pull out couch downstairs if the camping thing doesn't agree with anyone. Aside from the tyrannosaurus swingset, I can throw up a big bounce house, I also have a gas fire centered, bar height 8 parent observation area on the flagstone patio with a retractable lighted umbrella. We have dates open so scheduling should not be an issue. 20210424_171751.jpg20210828_134457.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Not an expert, but usually 3 things keeping reassembly from happening.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    When is it going to winter? Need a long, deep cold or the bugs this summer will be out of control!

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I don't need even more work. My wife would end up with 100 if I gave in. These animals were mostly show animals.

We both have real jobs too.
    I understand that, you mean second jobs? Because the animals are certainly a real job lol

but chickens are the easiest animal ever they clean up all the other animals feed and drink from the troughs. All you have to do is let them out in the morning lock them up at night gather eggs at your convenience.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    nothing I repeat NOTHING no creature on earth smells worse than a rutting buck and my chickens clean up the whole property and eat all the stupid bugs lol If he’s got coyotes with those lgd time for some alternative methods.
    Coyotes give us a fairly wide berth. It would take some time and training to get the dogs to guard chickens, but the breed is good at it once trained.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Coyotes give us a fairly wide berth. It would take some time and training to get the dogs to guard chickens, but the breed is good at it once trained.

I saw on fox news I believe I don’t think it was on here but maybe it was the 1 Great Pyrenees that killed 9 coyotes in Georgia or Alabama protecting goats the other coyotes ran off. LGDs are impressive defenders.(I know yours aren’t Great Pyrenees)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't need even more work. My wife would end up with 100 if I gave in. These animals were mostly show animals.

We both have real jobs too.
    real jobs!!! :rofl:

Walking from bed to home office in pj's, 30 sec before the shift starts is not a real job.
    :p

Yes jedi is just hating!
    Having to drive into chiraqi daily.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I saw on fox news I believe I don’t think it was on here but maybe it was the 1 Great Pyrenees that killed 9 coyotes in Georgia or Alabama protecting goats the other coyotes ran off. LGDs are impressive defenders.(I know yours aren’t Great Pyrenees)
    LGDs in general are amazing. I have an even greater appreciation for them having watched them in action for the last 6 years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom