• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Two three years ago cedar lake tried hard to pass a referendum for the schools, even had signs talking about kids learning outside in inclement weather if it didn’t pass, it didn’t pass by quite a bit, so they had another “emergency“ vote a month or two later, it passed.
    Illinois refugees probably voted for the taxes.

Idiots

Maybe we should eliminate a bunch of administrators, equity counselors, etc and then we could just pay teachers to actually teach things like READING, MATH, SCIENCE, HISTORY and CIVICS and skip the social indoctrination, rainbows and green b.s.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, if the kids are going to be taught in the cold, then we might as well save tax money and eliminate all taxes for the school
    Indiana State Constitution guarantees all children a public school education.

Doesn't say we need bloated administrations, woke agendas, rainbows in the classrooms, and social indoctrination. Probably would do a darn good job educating kids with the budget we have if we make some strategic cuts and stop the woke BS

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wake up all! :)

Public schools were not and have never been designed to educate the population. Go read our history. They were designed by the big biz (the ford's, thr Railroad tycoons) to mass produce non critical thinking labor with the bare min of reading/math skills to work in factories.

8 hour school day was done to minic the 8 hour work day.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wake up all! :)

Public schools were not and have never been designed to educate the population. Go read our history. They were designed by the big biz (the ford's, thr Railroad tycoons) to mass produce non critical thinking labor with the bare min of reading/math skills to work in factories.

8 hour school day was done to minic the 8 hour work day.
    Uh, no!

In 1916 my my father graduated 6th grade and at 13 went to work in a sweat shop 60 hours a week and received 25 cents for his labor.

My mother worked as a seamstress from about 12. She did finish high school.

8 hour days?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Amazing how many people are gnashing at the teeth to pay more taxes, you know, since they just moved here from illannoy because they were paying too much in taxes

But it's for the children don't you know. Why do you hate children?

We've got us some fancy new schools here in cedar-tucky. I feel so proud when I pay that tax bill.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    fight for sure, shots fired? low probability, at least based on all the I heard stories I've seen. not my circus though.
    Saw about shots fired in two different places, also saw one comment of traffic in Highland being held up by police and ambulances. Again, grain of salt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom