Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    30 years ago, you could sign off on certain things, as long as you were informed about them.
    The house was built in 1960 even though the paint is obviously new the whole lead based paint bs. Should be no problem as the seller accepted my offer 1st the 2nd day the house went up.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    They (gov) does make things more difficult
    In the case of this cabin it was property the government took as part of their park system. The family gets to use the property until no direct descendent is alive, but there are all kinds of regulations for maintenance of the property. It's only accessible by ATV. They go up once or twice a year to fish.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Teachers union and administration are pushing hard for it.

Basically the gubmint gave China-flu stimulus money to the schools. Told the school this is 1-time money. Do not spend it on hiring new people or expanding programs that will continue to cost money every year.

So what did the Lowell skule board do? Agreed with the union leeches in the teachers union and gave pay raises, hired more people, spent money in exactly the way they were told NOT to spend the money.

Now they want a tax increase to pay for the ongoing stuff.
    Seems like that is rewarding bad behavior.

:oldwise:
    Amazing how many people are gnashing at the teeth to pay more taxes, you know, since they just moved here from illannoy because they were paying too much in taxes

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Amazing how many people are gnashing at the teeth to pay more taxes, you know, since they just moved here from illannoy because they were paying too much in taxes
    YUP

And one teacher that I actually hang with asked me to vote YES just so she could get a bigger pay raise

Uh, I like you, but not that much . . . the taxes on my property will probably go up close to $800/year under the Lowell teacher's tax scheme. Solid NO vote. My wife left that school district because it was so toxic. Refused to send our daughter to any school in the district.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom