Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, ****. New dishwasher is not coming today. Delivery/install guy came, and when he took the new one out of the truck and unboxed it, he found that the door latch did not work right. He's taking it back to Lowe's and will bring one back to us when they have one in stock.
    I've heard the door latches on those are important but nothing a good mop can't handle. :)

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Looks like the home will need the shed repainted and some trim painted on the back of the house before it passes VA standards. If all still goes as planned maybe a May 16th closing.
    guy at work is selling his house, buyers are VA loan, what a nightmare. he's more patient than I am, I woulda backed out long ago. painting a SHED that's not even part of the house? that's just ridiculous

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Yrs ago I had a vacation home out in California. Bought it, worked on it, never got a chance to spend a single night in it and had to put it up for sale. While all that was going on I had to make a special trip all the way out there just to paint the garage door in order to keep my homeowners insurance from being cancelled. Way out in the national forest no insurance company in their right mind will insure against fire so the State steps up and offers private State-run insurance. They do inspections. What they say goes.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm thinking a meet and shoot should be In the works. I've got several I need to sight in. Thinking Saturday May 20th or Sunday the 21st.

If get a few that are up for it, I'll start a thread in the events section

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sumpin bad happened in the southlands of Lake cowntee.

I was at the True Value in Cedartuckey on 133rd and about a dozen squads, ambulances and F.D. vehicles wizzed by with lights and sirens. All turning southbound. Heard more in the distance. Sheriff cars headed south on 41 too.

Made it home to western rural Lowellabama without seeing or hearing any of the hoopla so I don't know where the emergency crews went, other than south of Cedartucky.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, it involves the .gov so :dunno:
    Oh don't worry you no longer need to fill out paper forms. Just do it online. When you get to the .gov office you will just have to enter all that info onto the form anyway. And then the .gov will enter it into the system since the online system and the office system are no the same.

(Purple text... purple text)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Mowed and trimmed, showered, & fed so I can watch 4 days of rain. Kid's Opening Day for Little League is Saturday. Go away rain.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is Lowell going to be voting themselves a property tax increase?
    Teachers union and administration are pushing hard for it.

Basically the gubmint gave China-flu stimulus money to the schools. Told the school this is 1-time money. Do not spend it on hiring new people or expanding programs that will continue to cost money every year.

So what did the Lowell skule board do? Agreed with the union leeches in the teachers union and gave pay raises, hired more people, spent money in exactly the way they were told NOT to spend the money.

Now they want a tax increase to pay for the ongoing stuff.
    Seems like that is rewarding bad behavior.

:oldwise:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Teachers union and administration are pushing hard for it.

Basically the gubmint gave China-flu stimulus money to the schools. Told the school this is 1-time money. Do not spend it on hiring new people or expanding programs that will continue to cost money every year.

So what did the Lowell skule board do? Agreed with the union leeches in the teachers union and gave pay raises, hired more people, spent money in exactly the way they were told NOT to spend the money.

Now they want a tax increase to pay for the ongoing stuff.
    Seems like that is rewarding bad behavior.

:oldwise:
    When did Lowell Teachers unionize? Odds are they were strongly instructed to not speak negatively about it. Much like Hobart teachers, who could do math, could see the tax increase coming not a 'shift' that was being sold.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh don't worry you no longer need to fill out paper forms. Just do it online. When you get to the .gov office you will just have to enter all that info onto the form anyway. And then the .gov will enter it into the system since the online system and the office system are no the same.

(Purple text... purple text)
    I got an email and a phone message that the ATF FAX server was down and not to FAX any Form 3310.4 and Form 3310.12 and Demand 2 forms but to email these and other miscellaneous documents to some given email addresses.

The thing is - I do not send these forms to them - ever.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Marsh area there. With how black that smoke is I'm betting a spot where people dump their tires to avoid the recycling fee
    Now when I was a kid we would drag 2 or 4 old tires out on the lake and have a little tire fire to warm up by when we were going skating for a day. We were helping to alleviate this tire dumping problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom