• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Mine is the Cuisinart one that has been discontinued, but I found a new bottle for it and I found a source for the CO2 cartridges. I just tried it with some bubly blackberry flavoring, and it was just as good as store-bought.
    I started with flavoring now I’ve gone to just straight water. I bring it on vacations and everything

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I got the REC-90. The owner told me the avgas has a pretty high lead content. Probably wouldn’t hurt my genny or small engines but they don’t need it or the higher octane.
    Fuels are designed for specific uses.
    There are lots of different AVGAS formulas. The lead content varies from zero to bad. If you use leaded gas in a modern car it will ruin the catalytic converter by poisoning it with lead. This can happen in just 2 or 3 tankfuls. Then your car will run crappy and fail pollution testing. Some AVGAS has zero lead so I would make very sure that is what I was using if I had to use AVGAS.

Just like cars don't like AVGAS - Airplanes don't like automotive fuel either. Since airplanes can operate at much higher altitudes their fuel has to be formulated so it doesn't separate like automotive fuel with ethanol can and cause engine failure at altitude and messy landings.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Mine is the Cuisinart one that has been discontinued, but I found a new bottle for it and I found a source for the CO2 cartridges. I just tried it with some bubly blackberry flavoring, and it was just as good as store-bought.
    When you make sparkling water without flavoring does it taste like Alka-Seltzer? And then does the flavoring make it more like commercial soda?
    I would consider trying to switch to that and get rid of the diet soda but I really don't like anything close to the Alka-Seltzer effect.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Fuels are designed for specific uses.
    There are lots of different AVGAS formulas. The lead content varies from zero to bad. If you use leaded gas in a modern car it will ruin the catalytic converter by poisoning it with lead. This can happen in just 2 or 3 tankfuls. Then your car will run crappy and fail pollution testing. Some AVGAS has zero lead so I would make very sure that is what I was using if I had to use AVGAS.

Just like cars don't like AVGAS - Airplanes don't like automotive fuel either. Since airplanes can operate at much higher altitudes their fuel has to be formulated so it doesn't separate like automotive fuel with ethanol can and cause engine failure at altitude and messy landings.
    Although some small aircraft can have a STC to run auto fuel.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    What type of cartridge does it take? The regular BB gun 8 gram or the larger 88/90 gram threaded stem?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    When you make sparkling water without flavoring does it taste like Alka-Seltzer? And then does the flavoring make it more like commercial soda?
    I would consider trying to switch to that and get rid of the diet soda but I really don't like anything close to the Alka-Seltzer effect.
    You can actually by the pop flavoring and make your own also you can add less syrup to make it a bit healthier. And never have to worry about a 2 liter goi g flat if you don’t chug it all

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Flavored seltzer water will never taste like pop because it does not have sugar in it. It's kind of an acquired taste. It's a love or hate thing. I would try buying a bottle of flavored seltzer water at the store first to see if you like it, or pick up a bubly at Walgreens or the gas station.

Edit: The unflavored does not taste pleasant to me. On the occasions that I have bought the unflavored, I put a bit of vanilla in it and it tasted similar to cream soda.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My bubly syrup says no sugar, just made with natural fruit flavoring.
    I have some Torani syrup, both with and without sugar. My real favorite is Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi but there are times when that is not available so when I have to I buy plain Diet Pepsi and add the Torani. This might work with sparkling water too.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have some Torani syrup, both with and without sugar. My real favorite is Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi but there are times when that is not available so when I have to I buy plain Diet Pepsi and add the Torani. This might work with sparkling water too.
    But if you are going to put syrup in it with either sugar or artificial sweeteners, you might as well drink pop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been drinking pop since I was 3 years old. That's alot longer than guys have been drinking alcohol/smoking.

2-3 cans a day, on certain days i bet I drank 6 or more.

Last Sunday I had like 3 Dr peppers.

Haven't had any soda since.

Down 8 whole lbs.

I have had like almost no urge to pick up a pop.

Am I going to continue to drink pop. Oh hell yea, it's a want not a need.

I don't know how people just can't stop bad habits. I've been on the juice for 31 years.

Alcoholics say the same thing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I've been drinking pop since I was 3 years old. That's alot longer than guys have been drinking alcohol/smoking.

2-3 cans a day, on certain days i bet I drank 6 or more.

Last Sunday I had like 3 Dr peppers.

Haven't had any soda since.

Down 8 whole lbs.

I have had like almost no urge to pick up a pop.

Am I going to continue to drink pop. Oh hell yea, it's a want not a need.

I don't know how people just can't stop bad habits. I've been on the juice for 31 years.
    Have you even considered that pop is not addicting?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Did they turn into trannies?

Almost immediately
    (FYI I don’t care at all about this transcan……. I am just in such disbelief people are upset people are boycotting bud light when they cancelled…. Uncle Ben… Quaker Oats ….land of lakes butter Indian… redskins football and on and on and on the hypocrisy is astounding almost forgot about all the statue toppling of our founding fathers)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom