Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sounds like my kids they have GREAT (expensive) taste in food. I prefer that over them only eating McDonald’s.

looks like red lobster if I had to guess
    Yep. He has always had a pretty good diet of food. He really doesn't eat a lot of junk.

He picked Red Lobster, so we tracked to MC.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Went down to Iowa yesterday looking at tractors. Was talking to a guy from a very rural area that told me they had a few break-ins at some of the farm houses when nobody was home. They didn't do any damage and they didn't take anything. Turns out it was some young amish boys and all they wanted was to watch television.
    One other time two amish boys actually went into a small town bar. Well the locals there bought them each a beer and that led to another and so on until they got caught. Their mother came in and grabbed them by their ears and took them out. Their dad unhooked the horse from the buggy and tied it in back and made the boys pull the buggy home.
    Who says the amish don't have fun?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Went down to Iowa yesterday looking at tractors. Was talking to a guy from a very rural area that told me they had a few break-ins at some of the farm houses when nobody was home. They didn't do any damage and they didn't take anything. Turns out it was some young amish boys and all they wanted was to watch television.
    One other time two amish boys actually went into a small town bar. Well the locals there bought them each a beer and that led to another and so on until they got caught. Their mother came in and grabbed them by their ears and took them out. Their dad unhooked the horse from the buggy and tied it in back and made the boys pull the buggy home.
    Who says the amish don't have fun?
    Hope it was close to home and they didn't have to go uphill. Downhill would have been more funny to watch.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm so glad that I get paid by the hour sometimes. I just drove 6 miles, and walked 30 minutes out to an electrician and and engineer trying to set up some new logic for a robot. The engineer needs to program the logic, then give the file to the electrician to upload to the robot. But they said they were having network problems. There is no network between the electricians laptop and the machine except a network cable. The engineer was going on and on about how this was a networking issue to the Supervisor. So I get a call. I asked if they had changed the network cards IP address properly and then asked if they plugged the cable into the right port and was assured everything was correct.

So I get out there and issue is that the electrician had forgotten their CAT6 cable. I let them know that I didn't have one on me and they would need to get one or make one. Less than 20 yards away is our Tool Stores that has hundreds of cables. Now I have a 30 minute walk back to my car. At least I'm getting paid.
    Union Electricians and Engineers are the worst.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm so glad that I get paid by the hour sometimes. I just drove 6 miles, and walked 30 minutes out to an electrician and and engineer trying to set up some new logic for a robot. The engineer needs to program the logic, then give the file to the electrician to upload to the robot. But they said they were having network problems. There is no network between the electricians laptop and the machine except a network cable. The engineer was going on and on about how this was a networking issue to the Supervisor. So I get a call. I asked if they had changed the network cards IP address properly and then asked if they plugged the cable into the right port and was assured everything was correct.

So I get out there and issue is that the electrician had forgotten their CAT6 cable. I let them know that I didn't have one on me and they would need to get one or make one. Less than 20 yards away is our Tool Stores that has hundreds of cables. Now I have a 30 minute walk back to my car. At least I'm getting paid.
    So it was a network problem - they didn't have Layer 1.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That's what I paid last time I bought primers. Of course that was per thousand, but still,......
    While I've never paid that low for primers, I've never paid more than $30-35 per 1k.

Luckily I bought plenty prior to the madness

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Range time at Michigan City Rifle Club tomorrow, 3/11, who is in? Outside if weather permits, indoor range also available.

I've not gotten any feedback on the time. Is 10 am OK?

Respond here or by conversation.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte

Had one similar to that. I flew freight for a living and we'd typically launch out from the hub to the outstation shortly after dawn. One morning we're getting ready to fly to Portland and the captain's instrument panel is dead. We call for maintenance and after an hour of being in their way we leave the aircraft and head back into the office. We were fresh from the hotel and have 16hrs of duty time available so they hold us in the office and expect us to fly the trip if/when maintenance fixes the bird.

We sit there all day waiting for the thing to come green and it never does. Finally after about 12hrs of waiting around we're released back to the hotel since we wouldn't be able to complete the flight in under 16hrs even if we could go. I had left my flight bag and paperwork out in the cockpit so I have to call for a ride back to the plane before I can leave. Climb the stairs and enter the cockpit where three mechanics are crawling around under the panel and everything is ripped completely apart. As I reach over for my bag I glance up at the overhead where the fuse panel is located and one of the fuses is glowing(a/c fuses light up when they're blown). Couldn't see that during the day but it's dark now 12hrs later and plain as day(hah!). So I ask one of the mechanics in the kindest voice I can muster,......."is this fuse here supposed to be glowing?"

He just looks at me and blinks. Glances at the fuse from his vantage point on the floor and looks back at me and blinks again. The other two mechanics have quit working and are just sitting on the floor looking at each other. After a minute the first mechanic says yeah, that's okay, don't worry about it. "Okay", so I turn and leave closing the cockpit door behind me. I step outside the aircraft and stand on the airstairs for about ten seconds before the cockpit erupts with swearing and cursing. They just didn't want to let all that loose in front of a lowly co-pilot.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    While I've never paid that low for primers, I've never paid more than $30-35 per 1k.

Luckily I bought plenty prior to the madness
    Yeah, they were running a penny and a half apiece and I bought ten thousand each LR/SR/LP/SP to make the hazmat fee worth paying. Then I realized I could buy .22LR for the same price and not have to load so I started buying cases and cases of that afterwards. Haven't purchased primers since.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom