• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I did not go to the tournament but over the past 48 hours my kids competed in a 2 day fencing tournament that had multiple events. Some of them competed in 1 event, other competed in as many as 4 events. Results were pretty outstanding.

Aubrey -->
    1f948.png
    +
    1f949.png
    + 7th
    Caleb -->
    1f949.png
    + 6th + 8th + E2023 national rating
    Eli -->
    1f947.png
    +
    1f948.png
    + 11th
    Evelyn --> 19th
    Kaden -->
    1f949.png

Prudence --> NOT last & took a bout to 4-4
    Sean --> 12th+ 13th + 24th + 39th

Of note is Prudence, she has been fencing for about 3 weeks and I've given her a few short lessons (typical lesson is 20 minutes). She has never fenced in a tournament or a real bout before going to this tournament. There are 3 levels of tournaments. Local, Regional and National. 99.9% of the people start at "local" events. Prudence, with her lack of experience, jumped straight to a large Regional event for her first event. Got to say, the kid has guts. She fenced better than expected and I'm proud of her.

Eli, who took Gold in one of his events and Silver in another, is a kid I work with weekly. He has about 9 months of fencing experience.

Photo below is Eli and his mom + Kaden and his mom. Same event, both my kids, Eli GOLD and Kaden BRONZE. This was Kaden's first event outside of high school events. He doesn't even own his own gear. He borrowed my competition glove, some of my weapons, body cords and even my fencing bag and then borrowed his high school team uniform for the completion.

335574107_1187893925246454_9125917058799577760_n.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Question-

Anyone have experience with Calumet Welding Center in Griffith? My son is looking to become a welder and he and I have an appointment next week to take a closer look. However, any information that an INGOer could add would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Question-

Anyone have experience with Calumet Welding Center in Griffith? My son is looking to become a welder and he and I have an appointment next week to take a closer look. However, any information that an INGOer could add would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I do not, but on a related note, if there is a Work One office nearby, they will often cover the costs of classes leading to an AWS certification. Might be worth looking into.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Been in St Anthony ER with Mom for 12 hours with shortness of breath and poss pneumonia. They're admitting her, but there are no beds available.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope they get her a bed and fix her up. Wishing her the best.
    I've known two people that had breathing issues, and were misdiagnosed, and soon after had heart attacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom