• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So O'glorious Geico insurance has decided to accept fault for their driver that rear ended us. Then I find out they will be refusing to repair the car with OEM/Factory parts. Um. no. the GD car has 8k miles on it. You WILL be making it as new. So i wind up claiming with my insurance anyway and they will fix it right and bill the G-holes. Also waiving my deductible. Interesting that there has to be a law about this. Company of the insured party on a car 5 years old or less is required if requested to use factory parts. Company of the other party is not. Why in the hell only one and not the other? In IL neither is required which of course is worse, like everything in IL...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Surprised schools didn't call an eLearning Day.
    I honestly figured they would just close for the remainder of the semester. Snowflake kids and snowflake school administrators all just want to stay in bed and avoid conflict, using biologically correct pro-nouns, and most of all, want to use mother nature as a freakin excuse to avoid the problems created by their woke feelings.

:runaway: :oldwise: :runaway:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    So O'glorious Geico insurance has decided to accept fault for their driver that rear ended us. Then I find out they will be refusing to repair the car with OEM/Factory parts. Um. no. the GD car has 8k miles on it. You WILL be making it as new. So i wind up claiming with my insurance anyway and they will fix it right and bill the G-holes. Also waiving my deductible. Interesting that there has to be a law about this. Company of the insured party on a car 5 years old or less is required if requested to use factory parts. Company of the other party is not. Why in the hell only one and not the other? In IL neither is required which of course is worse, like everything in IL...
    Geico/progressive are an absolute joke. When I got a real agent and she showed me my progressive policy wasn’t enough to cover loss of my home no less a single thing in it I was shocked. Ended up tripling my coverage including a gun policy and cost me 20% less. Had to file a minor motorcycle claim with prog once in 2010 (about 4k) they more than doubled my premium immediately

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Geico/progressive are an absolute joke. When I got a real agent and she showed me my progressive policy wasn’t enough to cover loss of my home no less a single thing in it I was shocked. Ended up tripling my coverage including a gun policy and cost me 20% less. Had to file a minor motorcycle claim with prog once in 2010 (about 4k) they more than doubled my premium immediately
    You don't mean Geico and Progressive are related businesswise - do you?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The short answer.
    Insurance companies lobbied very hard to avoid having to pay out anything.

The longer answer.
    Do NOT be mad at the insurance company. They exist, like all other companies, to make money for their sharesholders.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I honestly figured they would just close for the remainder of the semester. Snowflake kids and snowflake school administrators all just want to stay in bed and avoid conflict, using biologically correct pro-nouns, and most of all, want to use mother nature as a freakin excuse to avoid the problems created by their woke feelings.

:runaway: :oldwise: :runaway:
    DO NOT ASSUME THE GENDER OF NATURE! How dare you! :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom